Dagan is looking for an enthusiastic software engineer with experience in high-performance computing, relational databases, and implementing scientific models using Python/C++. The position is salaried and includes benefits. The successful candidate will work with the team to develop and implement algorithms that utilize process-based ecosystem models and large geospatial datasets for agriculture and forest applications. The position requires interdisciplinary skills to develop a suite of advanced Earth data products for conservation and sustainable land management.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or related fields
- Three years scientific programming experience
- Excellent programming skills in Python and C++
- Experience with database design and programming
- Extensive data analysis experience
- Strong Linux/Unix background
- Strong team experience and capabilities to work with a variety of backgrounds, including programmers, scientists and business staff
- Strong communication skills
Preferred background and skills
- Knowledge of geospatial data sources, characteristics, and methods
- Experience with open source geospatial libraries, e.g. GDAL, OGR, Fiona, Shapely
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience and interest in natural sciences, geography, process-based modeling
- Experience developing applications independently, as well as in a team
- Experience with software development life cycle
About Dagan, Inc.
Located in Durham, New Hampshire, Dagan, Inc. is a new soil health and agricultural ecosystem services company, working to be a leader in providing sustainable agriculture data insights to organizations who bank on farmers. Our mission is to make resilient agriculture ubiquitous for soil health outcomes, thriving people, communities, and the environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Dagan Inc. understands the benefits of a diverse team and encourages applications from individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and will give due consideration to all applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan