Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Business Systems team. This role will be responsible for designing, building, and integrating the applications, services, data, and processes that connect the dots between Engineering, Marketing, and Sales organizations. There will be a wide range of challenges and opportunities to build services and APIs, create new applications, integrate first-party and third-party applications, and design systems for data storage and analytics. By joining this newly formed team focusing on rearchitecting, building, and integrating these essential go-to-market systems, the Software Engineer for Business Systems will play a critical role in achieving Grammarly’s aggressive growth goals.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
Business Systems is a brand new and fast-growing team. There will be many opportunities for growth and ownership as we move fast to build solutions for our go-to-market functions.
As a Software Engineer and an early member of this team, you will:
- Work cross-functionally across a large part of Grammarly to analyze use cases and requirements and to prioritize requests.
- Evaluate systems and technology we have in place today while also proposing systems and architecture that can scale for the future.
- Evaluate and integrate third-party solutions as necessary in partnership with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Design and implement new services and systems while maintaining and eventually migrating existing solutions to the new architecture.
- Build systems for data storage and analytics that live outside of first-party systems and power insights for the Marketing and Sales organizations.
- Learn new skills as the charter of the team grows to support more functions across the company.
- Support and fine-tune a massive growth engine, get a close view of the business side of Grammarly.
- Have the opportunity to mentor new hires as the team is growing quickly.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 4+ years of experience working in business systems and applications development and/or enterprise SaaS environment. (Practical experience delivering sales and marketing projects is a plus.)
- Has experience with distributed systems and microservices and API platforms, and has an understanding of data storage and migration strategies.
- Has experience designing and building integrations between first-party and third-party applications and services.
- Can build web applications or services in Java.
- Knows security best practices for web applications and internal systems.
- Understands common marketing technology concepts such as content management systems (CMS), A/B testing, and SEO.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Employment Equity Act.