Social Worker MSW AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to assess the psychological, social, environment and financial impact of illness and hospitalization on the patient/family, identifying age-specific needs adapting interventions accordingly.
- Communicates with patient/parent/family regarding health issues and/or concerns based on their level of comprehension, understanding and readiness to learn.
- Provides age-appropriate counseling and other supportive interventions to facilitate patient/family coping with illness and hospitalization.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to identify and facilitate access to developmentally appropriate referrals and resources in-order to meet the patient’s/family’s post-hospital needs.
- Provides patient/family education/instruction based on assessed education level, barriers to learning and learning preferences.
What You Will Need:
- Master degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school of social work
To assist in meeting the psychosocial needs of patients and families and facilitate discharge; planning and coordination in situations where more complex post-hospital care needs exist; provides counseling to address the impact of illness on the patient/family system; applies knowledge of age/developmental issues to assist in the patient’s adjustment and healing.
The Social Worker Case Manager is accountable for the organization, to facilitate the flow of patients to the next site (level) of care including inpatient acute care, community services or transfer to another facility/campus, sequence of services and resources that are necessary and appropriate for the achievement of patient care outcomes within effective time frames on a specific group of patients. In addition, the Social Worker Case Manager will coordinate the plan of care among all members of the health care team. The Social Worker Case Manager must have the professional ability to practice under minimal supervision and perform the following seven essential activities of Case Management: Appropriateness of Setting, Assessment, Planning, Implementation, Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation, with emphasis on decreasing length of stay and monitoring cost effective health care across the continuum of care. The Social Worker Case Manager must continually review the patient to facilitate status, patient needs with the appropriate level and type of medical, psychosocial, or social service as they relate across the continuum of care. The Social Worker Case Manager evaluates patients for appropriateness, medical necessity, benefit systems and cost benefit analysis within the caseload according to Case Management Department Plan, policies and procedures.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.