This Social Worker position provides assessment, counseling, and case management in the provision of Child Protective Services and/or Juvenile Court Services to juvenile clients and their families of the Department.
No supervisory responsibility.
A. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Use Social Work Methods, principles, and interviewing techniques with parents and/or children to develop treatment plans to meet established objectives and goals. The Social Worker will need to establish rapport with the parents and family to obtain information adequate to determine the scope of the problems and to effectively work with the client’s family. The Social Worker must develop a cooperative working relationship with other community systems involved with treatment of the child and his family. The Social Worker will be assisting the family to obtain optimum benefit from these systems.
2. Provide services to delinquent, truant, uncontrollable youth and children at risk of abuse and neglect. Juvenile court preparation and testimony is required.
3. Manage workload to assure adequate compliance with required paperwork and establish accountability procedures.
4. Function as a team member with Family Resource Coordinator, volunteers, and other support staff.
5. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
B. OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Provide appropriate social work services and interventions to juveniles who may be referred for sexual offenses.
2. Attend Department staff meetings, appropriate training and education, and supervisory conferences. Demonstrate the ability to constructively utilize training and education provided and administrative consultation.
3. Any other duties as may be assigned.