New York, New York
Day (United States of America)
Experience a Mission Driven Career
At Gracie Square Hospital, now is an exciting time of growth and change, providing numerous opportunities to make a big impact on both our future and yours. As a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network, we are now experiencing a period of extraordinary transformation and revitalization. We have an unwavering commitment to excellence and are always looking for ways to improve. Our dedication drives our success as New York City’s premier provider of inpatient behavioral health services.
Social Work Resource Liaison – Inpatient Psychiatry – Days
As part of our growing behavioral health care team, you will experience a place where you are an importantcontributor to the patient experience. In this role, you will collaborate with a network of external programs to effectively implement high risk discharge planning and rapidly respond to inquiries about a broad range of community services, eligibility requirements and application procedures. You will be responsible to secure aftercare appointments, coordinate the referral process, and complete applications for community programs and financial benefits. Escort patients to community interviews for services and sometimes arrange patient transportation to ensure a safe transition. Research available community resources to keep updated and accessible information for diverse patient populations and discharge planning needs. Build the connections that make the difference for our patients.
- Prior experience working with psychiatric patient population
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." – U.S.News & World Report
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" – Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" – Working Mother
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." – Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" – Glassdoor
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." – Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" – Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.