-Location: Salem Social Services
Position Title: Resident Advocate
Status: Non-Exempt/ PT (29 hours per week)
Posted Wage: $12.00
JOB CLOSES: 01.19.2021
Please complete the job application provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note: A job application is not considered complete unless it is dated and signed by the job applicant. Incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
To apply in person go to The Salvation Army Cascade Ray & Joan Kroc Center 1865 Bill Frey Drive NE, Salem, OR 97301. Please complete the application provided to you. Incomplete job applications cannot be accepted.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Jason Ramos at [email protected] or call 503.798.4876. Mr. Ramos is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 503.794.3206 or email [email protected] Ms. Gende will coordinate your accommodation request with personnel at the local address specified above.
-The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
1. Education – High School Diploma preferred
2. Work/Professional Experience – Experience in social service and/or non-profit organization preferred.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for the supervision and safety of shelter residents and guests. In addition, the position will provide administrative and facility support as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Knowledge Required: Read, write, and speak English language to express ideas and communicate effectively.
Skills Required: Proficient with current Microsoft software computer programs including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, e-mail, internet, and standard office equipment and systems. Operate commercial grills, ovens, fryers, slicers, sharp knives, blenders, industrial dishwasher and other kitchen related tools.
Abilities Required: Multi-task and follow instructions to complete tasks in a safe and effective manner; ability to use a computer; ability to operate commercial grills, ovens, fryers, slicers, blenders and other kitchen industrial dishwasher related tools. Use interpersonal skills to deal effectively with others in favorable and unfavorable situations; respond appropriately to emergency situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce resident compliance with behavior expectations (e.g. handbook rules, chores)
- Enforce resident compliance with shelter schedule (e.g. meals, chores) and document exceptions.
- Record resident behavioral concerns and serious resident or shelter occurrences. Review shelter log daily.
- Record Meal Counts and Daily Re-cap in Salvation Army’s Database.
- Greet guests and complete required documentation, data-entry, and reporting.
- Supervise and document resident self-administered medication.
- Conduct building security checks.
- Initiate emergency response through 911 and notify the appropriate supervisor.
- Conduct random drug/alcohol/pornography inspections and breathalyzer/urinary analysis.
- Complete cleaning, laundry and kitchen duties as assigned.
- Prep, cook, and serve meals when necessary.
- Support residents of the shelter with their case management tasks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to perform tasks of a repetitive nature without diminishing performance.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, squat, twist body, stand for short/long periods of time, kneel, push, pull, have sense of touch, reach, grasp with hands and fingers, climb stairs, close vision, distance vision, talk, hear, have-eye hand coordination, have manual dexterity, speak and read, and work in noisy areas.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer screen.
This position may have frequent in person contact with people from diverse backgrounds who may be angry, hostile, confused or frustrated. The worker may be exposed to different inside and outside environmental conditions. The schedule for this position may include weekends and evenings.
This position has access to confidential and private information. It is essential that confidentiality and privacy be observed.
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to pass a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically prelude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction(s) will be considered.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.