We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Social Media Community Manager in Boston, MA.
Working as part of the Digital & Media team, the Social Media Community Manager will be responsible the day-to-day engagement with Boston Beer Company’s brand communities across all social media channels, adding value to our social media strategies by connecting directly with drinkers, ensuring brand voice is executed, and growing our channels and communities. The ideal candidate will be a social media fanatic, have a passion for providing exceptional drinker experiences and acting as the voice of our brands.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the voice of the brand on the front lines with drinkers by responding to every tweet, DM, Instagram comment, and more in real-time.
- Drive and elevate our brands’ voices and personalities on social media by delivering quick-witted, creative, and on-brand responses (text, GIF, emoji, and more) to drinkers.
- Build long lasting drinker and fan relationships efficiently and effectively, growing social media communities as a result.
- Develop new and innovative ways to foster conversation and engage with our brands’ communities, and work cross-functionally to design 360 campaigns inclusive of 1:1 drinker engagement, demonstrating positive ROI from those efforts.
- Collaborate with the customer service team on social listening, responses and reporting across social media touchpoints.
- Work with PR and customer service team to ensure consistent customer-facing communications across channels, drafting social media-friendly messaging for initiatives like new product launches, programs and FAQs.
- Capture consumer insights and create weekly and monthly reports on social media community management efforts, trends and opportunities.
- Actively engage with adjacent communities (e.g. craft beer, wellness) across platforms and channels to foster community engagement and brand goodwill among new and existing drinkers.
- Stay versed in day-to-day topics relevant to our business, social media & pop culture trends, and communities, and be excited and ready to engage with drinkers on those topics
- Capitalize on live events and real-time opportunities relevant to our communities.
- Bring new ideas to the table based on insights from our community of fans – from channels to content.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years of work experience in social media, communications or marketing, and a desire to be part of building brands’ social media presence. Experience in community
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences and fostering community.
- Exceptional writing skills, and a natural conversationalist and who enjoys interacting with our fans.
- Interest in content development and desire to bring new forms of content to our drinkers as social channels evolve.
- Detail-oriented and thorough, with an interest in consistently tracking the positive impact of your efforts.
- Familiar with all social platforms, and avid user of social media personally.
- Entrepreneurially-minded, eager to learn and take on new and varied responsibilities.
- Passion for beer/cider/alcoholic beverage industry a plus.
- Must be available to work some off-hours and weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact [email protected] for assistance.