Full Time – Seasonal
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs, the principles important to our organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
This position is responsible for the following job results.
This position is responsible for the following “job results”
- Scheduling staff, checking and approving time in Ultipro
- Training staff on operations guidelines, equipment, vehicles and facilities, sales and technical knowledge, etiquette, personal interaction guidelines, and resort information
- Ensuring all equipment and facilities are in good working order and visually appealing.
- Prioritizing and delegating tasks and projects
- Monitoring resort guest levels and activity participation to better suit future needs
- Engaging in recruiting, screening and the interviewing processes
- Soliciting business and guests through communication with community partners, internal
- guests, marketing venues and positive word-of-mouth
- Using established service recovery guidelines and philosophies to accommodate guests
- Adhering to vehicle, equipment and facility maintenance schedules using daily checklists to monitor condition of equipment, facilities, and vehicles
- Adhering to department and company security policies, procedures and guidelines
- Monitoring daily cash/over reports
- Complying with government requirements
- Reporting safety concerns to Group Manager, Director, Resort Safety Committee or other appropriate parties
- General knowledge of power tools, and minor construction
- Attending department, division and inter-departmental meetings, and sharing company information with staff.
- Tracking lifeguard, CPR/First Aid certifications of all staff
- Lifeguard Certification, AED, First Aid, CPR Certification, and seeking completion of Lifeguard Instructors training through Ellis and Associates.
- Having weekly meetings and discussing any issues or ways to make improvements
- Creating training schedules, providing learning resources, providing feedback/coaching
- Assisting with performance evaluations, scheduling one-on-one meetings with staff
- Ordering supplies and inventory as needed
- Working with front-line staff and guests to ensure problems are dealt with quickly and professionally
- Completing necessary duties required for the daily operation of the business such as, but not limited to doing laundry, answering phones and guest hospitality, etc.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change, and new duties may be added to the following position.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office
- Lifeguard Certification (including First Aid/CPR/AED).
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification through Ellis and Associates
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors, and in inclement weather conditions.
- Knowledge of Aquatic Facilities, and their operations
- Ability to set up Inflatables in varying depths of the lake.
Education: HS diploma or equivalent
Experience: Candidates will have 2 years of experience with aquatic facilities and activities, including holding their lifeguard certification and or instructors cert. Candidates will also have at least 6 months supervisory experience in a related field.
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc…
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
Snowshoe Mountain is committed to a drug free workplace and has an established drug testing policy. This job is identified as a safety sensitive position and you may be tested at random during your term of employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer