Position: Construction Site Manager / Site Foreman
Salary range: to be determined based on experience plus bonus potential
Are you a passionate, creative team player with a desire to travel and work and make a difference in communities across the US? We have openings for experienced Skateparks Site Manager and Foreman positions who take pride in their workmanship. Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude, be community driven, adaptable, responsible and have the ability to work and travel out of town for extended periods of time. We providevery comfortable homes away from home, travel provided to and from locations and a healthy compensation allowance for living away from home.
We are looking for individuals with Skatepark Construction experience . Specifically, competency in all aspects and roles of leadership and management of a construction team; coordination of project clients (internal and external); planning support and implementation of assigned projects; quality and cost control of assigned projects and participating in achieving New Line's risk management goals with a focus on site safety With safety as our top priority, we are interested in individuals with Health and Safety certifications (OSHA, first aid, etc.)
Lead, Manage and hold Accountable (LMA)
- Build and sustain a capable and productive construction team: With office support – Hire, fire, train, reward, discipline construction staff (Performance and wage/salary reviews, policy/system implementation)
- Coach direct reports (Foremen) to become accomplished leaders and managers.
- Ensure personal and team metrics/targets/goals (SMART) are met.
- Ensure our clients are being well managed (open, clear and frequent communication)
- Internal clients- other departments, sub-contractors, suppliers, partners
- External clients- project representatives, other project stakeholders
Project Management and Delivery
- Implement project work plan and schedule.
- Support project planning for all process phases of construction
- Contract coordination and support (sub-contracts, suppliers, RFI's, Change orders, donations)
- Organize and direct all site operations necessary to complete the job.
- Support project wrap up and close out (substantial & final completion, demobilization coordination, project summary, warranty)
Quality and Cost Control
- Coordinate with construction Project managers and design team on drawing set review, construction methodology and work plan approach during planning phase of all projects.
- Management of the 'project budget' (cost control, project efficiency)
- Timely and accurate reporting/paperwork submittals (PO's, hours, site slips, receipts, etc.)
- Manage and direct projects according to NLS quality control systems (checklists, digital & paper documents organized and filed correctly, CAR's, etc.)
- Participate in the ongoing development and continuous improvements of NLS's construction processes, systems and policies.
- Management and on-site implementation of our COR safety system
- Management and on-site implementation of our NSC Program
- Keep up to date on require training and certifications (internal audits)
- Participation in external audit program. Ensure NLS meets safety objectives (95% or better on external audits)
Critical Expectations Summary
- Ensure our clients are well managed and happy with the end result
- Deliver accurate, consistent and timely project reporting.
- Ensure your team is organized and well-managed
- Deliver assigned construction projects in accordance to the stated project goals and in accordance with Safety, Environmental, Quality and Financial expectations.
- Always be looking for opportunities to improve yourself, your team and the company as a whole.