Troubleshoot, service, repair and maintain Equipment assets including vehicles, trailers, aerials and yellow iron.
- Practice safety rules.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Safe use of hand & power tools.
- Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
- Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
- Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Must possess ability to utilize various electronic diagnostic equipment and make minor and major repairs to electrical, hydraulic, air conditioning, gasoline and diesel systems.
- Work will primarily be performed in shop conditions, although mobile work may be required from time to time. In this case, this position may involve some overnight travel as well as travel out of state and the employee will be expected to travel as needs and job requirements dictate.
- Employee will be expected to work overtime as the company determines based upon job requirements.
- Individual selected must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and customer service driven.
- Demands of this position will change often and work assignment will be dynamic.
- High school diploma or GED
- A two-year technical, vocational or trade school diploma or degree in auto, truck, and/or heavy equipment is desired
- Fluid Power Society and/or ASE certifications desired
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- A minimum of five years verifiable experience in the automotive/truck maintenance field is required.
- Furnish own tools, standard and metric
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
- New Hire Orientation Quiz
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
- Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
- Must be able to pass physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at elevated heights as well as in confined spaces (towers, vessels, excavations, etc.).
- Able to carry 50 lbs. of tool and/or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
- Must be able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
- Location: industrial construction sites and/or fabrication shop
- Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site:
- Uneven ground level
- Obstructed pathways
- Work performed at low and/or high elevations
- Work performed in confined areas
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
- Predominately outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
- Potential exposure to chemical substances
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- aerial maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- automotive/truck maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- diesel system maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- ASE and/or F: uid Pwer Society Certifications (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative