Huffman’s is looking for a motivated, self-driven person who wants to be part of a growing company and be a strong member of that team.
Job Location: Huffman Welding & Machine, Inc. in Fort Madison
6224 Avenue 0
Fort Madison, Iowa 52627
Very Competitive salary based upon experience.
Great benefits package offered including: healthcare, 401 K retirement (3% Company Match, 4% if 5% or more is contributed by the employee) and vacation.
Please apply at Huffman Welding & Machine, Inc. in Fort Madison. Or send your resume to Human Resources. Management will be contacting you if they are interested in scheduling an interview.
– Using SDS/2 or similar program…
o Create shop drawings from architectural prints
o Create custom designs from concepts, etc.
– General 3D modeling and design as needed using Inventor
– Past experience in project management and supervision of projects, etc. very beneficial
Job Requirements Include:
– Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-past environment with constantly changing priorities.
– Develop detailed shop drawings and have a thorough knowledge of how to create drawings meeting architectural details and specifications
– Good communication skills between all crafts and project managers to assist in project progress
o Confer with customers, engineers, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
o Coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of projects such as machine operators and fabricators.
o Develop material lists from customer drawings for estimating and for cutting lists for production.
Please list on the application any other skill’s which may include:
– Develop custom designs of various items including automated equipment, fabricated components, sheet metal parts, and layouts, machined components and more
– Visit customer sites and draw up projects (after experience is built-up) – you would visit customer sites and draw up projects we are replicating or design/building
– Jobshop knowledge of Machining/fabrication/sheet metal/lasers
– Project management experience – project management techniques
– Research experience — experience in researching and developing ROI analysis for capital equipment proposals, etc.
– Specific Design Experience in – Electrical, structural, pneumatics, hydraulics, and general automation
– Past experience in leadership training — we need someone that is hands-on/leads by example and has a strong work ethic
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place