Coordinate activities of workers concerned with processes and procedures in shipping department to ensure timely and cost efficient delivery of finished products.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Supervises employees engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and in preparing items for shipment.
- Calculates estimated costs associated with the shipping/delivery function and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations including the review of daily driver’s log sheets, accident reporting and investigation, drug testing requirements, and transportation equipment maintenance.
- Plan and schedule the arrival of common carriers and will calls to the warehouse.
- Coordinates with the Plant Manager, Plant Supervisors, Production Scheduler and other Plant personnel in order to attain delivery, cost and quality of service objectives.
- Provides supervision, training, scheduling, and guidance to shipping personnel.
- Operate safely within company and DOT policy and regulations.
- Maintain all files to support Operational requirements.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Select common carriers and contract trucking companies economically.
- Assist in truck/trailer specifications and selections.
- Supervises and/or prepares the preparation of Bill of Ladings.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma
Other Skills and Abilities
Values and Competencies
Live by the core Kloeckner values
- Customer orientation
- Truth and respect
Additional job related competencies
- Problem solving/analysis
- Teamwork orientation
- Technical capacity
- Project management
- Collaboration skills
This position is performed in a warehouse and an office setting. While in the warehouse you may experience loud noises and temperature fluctuations depending on the season. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation (KMC) has its North American headquarters in Roswell, GA, and is a subsidiary of Klöckner & CO, based in Duisburg, Germany. Kloeckner Metals is among the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies in the European and American markets combined. Kloeckner Metals has 50 locations in the U.S. and is located in 25 states. Kloeckner Metals services more than 13,000 metalworking businesses around the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.