The Shipping Clerk is mid-level position responsible for fulfilling orders, working both independently and on a team. This position requires directing Trainees on certain jobs. Examples of the types of orders/tasks the candidate must able to fulfill orders for internal and external customers. Extensive on the job training and e-learning must be successfully completed as required. The Shipping Clerk will demonstrate initiative, commitment to team work, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Pull proper parts from inventory in correct quantities
- Accurately process and complete parts orders without supervision
- Operate a lift truck in a safe manner
- Respond appropriately to customer demands
- Mentor less experience Shipping Clerks
- Deliver parts and packages to designated areas in a timely manner
- Schedule pickup and delivery of merchandise by common carriers
- High School or Equivalent or better
- Parts Identification
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.