GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Lead high performance production teams towards accomplishment of production and team goals. Participate as a member of the operation leadership team to develop and implement strategic plan to improve plant performance. Performs a variety of routine and non-routine management/supervisory functions in accordance with standard procedures. Provide leadership and supervision to manufacturing employees to meet all safety, quality, productivity, cost and on-time shipment goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and direction to Treater, Press, Finishing, and Supply Chain production teams to meet all safety, quality, productivity, cost and on-time shipment goals.
- Drive focus on safety as an integral part of the teams' day-to-day activities.
- Assure shift safety meetings and department audits are completed.
- Drive process improvement analysis for cost reduction as an integral part of the teams' day-to-day work activities.
- Work with teams to analyze data and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide additional support for new teams, teams with high turnover, or teams not meeting their objectives.
- Be a role model motivate and develop by example.
- Communicate goals and provide daily feedback on metrics.
- Hold production teams and individuals accountable for consistently meeting performance metrics.
- Create the linkages between production teams, maintenance, QA, engineering and other functions.
- Remove barriers to meeting plant goals.
- Ensure proper staffing coverage; deploy or furlough employees as needed to achieve goals and minimize labor costs.
- Work with Operations Manager and Human Resources to address staffing shortfalls or surplus.
- Act as primary communication link for information flowing to and from the shift team.
- Ensure plant policies, EH&S policies, quality and all other requirements and procedures are understood and met by all employees.
- Frequently interface with all team members on the production floor.
- Ensure policies and procedures are administered consistently.
- Respect diversity and promote good working relationships within all employees.
- Address and help resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
- Develop, document and deliver appropriate counseling and discipline to individuals when requirements & performance are not met.
- Verify and approve time and attendance as required.
- Maintain employee training and performance records (i.e. ISO training, production, attendance, new hire orientation).
- Continuously seek to improve skills and abilities of self and others.
- Must work production schedule, including weekends, as required.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Meet all safety, quality, production and on-time metrics.
- Be a driving force on all plant initiative projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Direct Reports: 25-40
- Broad Control: 40-50
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
BS or BA Degree, Six Sigma, Lean Lean Manufacturing, ISO 9000, Total Quality Management, and Safety
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA degree in a related field, (i.e. Engineering, Materials Management, Business, Organizational Management), or minimum equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment of 5-7 years, with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
- Supervisory/management, Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing, ISO 9000, Total Quality Management, and Safety.
- Creative and energetic individual with high professional standards who thrives in a demanding and ever-changing work environment.
- Successful track record in achieving exceptional results.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and work with all levels in the organization.
- Must be organized, self-starter; must have analytical skills and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize while driving multiple projects and tasks simultaneously; demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Flexibility to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES THAT ARE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and multi-task. Ability to work in fast pace environment. Ability to work effectively under pressure. Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within the organization.