NV Restaurant Management, LLC
Shift Manager Description
Shift Manager (SM)
Assistant Manager (AM), General Manager (GM), Area Coach (AC)
Provide leadership and great customer service, display ownership and operational responsibility while running a shift. Seeks assistance from others when appropriate, willing to provide help and guidance as needed.
Short and long-term success of the restaurant is impacted by management’s role in achieving 100% customer satisfaction and 100% compliance of Company and government regulations.
- SERVING THE CUSTOMER Maintain excellent customer service initiatives including THE MAKE UP PROCESS. Execute Speed with Service (SWS) goals; resolve guest complaints quickly while maintaining positive relations; make sound business decisions quickly while always keeping the safety and satisfaction of the guest in mind. Maintain a friendly and courteous work environment; ensure restaurant team is clean and orderly in appearance. Ensure safe, quality products are delivered to guests.
- LEADING THE RESTAURANT TEAM – Act as role model by following company appearance and uniform standards. Participate in restaurant goal-setting and commit to achieving these goals. Assist team in maintaining the company’s performance standards. Provide coaching to the crew; be accessible to hear concerns and escalate to higher level of management if necessary to resolve. Collaborate with the restaurant team to solve problems and make decisions. Communicate effective written and verbal reports to management team.
- MANAGING THE BUSINESS – Ensure products are prepared correctly and according to company standards. Ensure restaurant equipment is clean and working correctly and respond quickly and appropriately when it is in need of maintenance or repair. Respond quickly and appropriately to resolve safety and security issues. Secure the company assets with integrity including but not limited to company cash, equipment and inventory in accordance with company policy.
- OPERATIONS – Assist in managing employee labor with acceptable variances, manage food cost within acceptable variances. Complete opening and closing procedures in a timely and safe manner. Assist in executing marketing programs. Maintain restaurant team productivity through proper deployment during each shift; facilitate team training when needed. Recognize and assist in business needs outside of the restaurant.
- COMPLIANCE – Support and Execute requests of the supervisors and run effective shifts. Be open and understanding of concerns. Be respectful and accessible for Team Members who come for assistance. Elevate any concerns to the next level of management.
V. Key Relationships
- Restauarant Team providing work direction, build respectful, trusting relationships; maximize teamwork and productivity while assuring employee safety.
- Restaurant Management providing operational reports and sharing/seeking advice on problem issues; secure assets.
- Strong Customer Relationships in building loyalty, protecting brand integrity, and secure customer safety etc.
One year Restaurant experience required with proven lead experience on all shifts.
Specialization: (licenses, certifications, etc…)
Must be 18 years of age. Must maintain current Health Card according to state or local requirements. Reliable transportation. Must pass Criminal Background Check.
VII. Key Challenges
- Personal Effectiveness – Takes personal ownership of tasks and responsibilities; handles constructive criticism with maturity; ability to operate under minimal direction and supervision, showing self-motivation and self-direction.
- Organization Demonstrates discipline with excellent follow through and attention to detail skills. Shows inititative and flexibility in managing multiple tasks.
- Collaborative a “team player,” models an optimistic attitude, builds trust with employees and rapport with customers.
IX. Physical Demands
PHYSICAL DEMANDS A. Overall Strength Demands (Check One):
Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time
Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly OR requires walking or standing to a significant degree
Exerting 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Exerting 50-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-50 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 lbs. constantly
Exerting over 100 lbs. occasionally, 50-100lbs. frequently, or up to 20-50 lbs. constantly
B. Identify the Frequency of each physical demand listed below using the following codes:
C = CONTINUOUSLY 2/3 or more of the time
F = FREQUENTLY From 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
O = OCCASIONALLY Up to 1/3 of the time
R = RARELY Less than 1 hour per week
N = NEVER Never occurs
These are descriptions of the way this job is currently physically being performed; it does not address the potential for accommodations if needed.
Requires long periods of standing to prep, serve food
Taking breaks, some paperwork, talking to guests. Frequent for driving.
Moving throughout the restaurant
Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lb with or without assistance
Ability to carry a maximum of 50 lb with or without assistance
Ability to push or pull a maximum of 50 lb with or without assistance
Reaching for items in restaurant
Reaching Over Head
Various job duties including but not limited to food prep, customer service and manager tasks
Food, storage boxes, small equipment
Preparing and serving food, handling small food prep equipment, taking orders on telephone
Setting up restaurant and cleaning
Moving items in restaurants and cleaning
Setting up restaurant and cleaning
Picking up items from floor and other cleaning
Moving, food production, setting up restaurant
Possible for changing lights, cleaning etc.
Standing and reaching/pushing/pulling items
Viewing, inspecting food areas; ensuring work is done appropriately. Reading maps, monitors and registers.
Receive and interpret information from others-face to face or by phone.
Give information to others, communicate with customers
C. Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
Use of all restaurant equipment including but not limited to: Headsets, Fryer, Dishwasher, Re-thermalizer, Bunn Hot water, Registers, cleaning supplies (mops & brooms), small food prep utinsels. Some Computer and Peripheral equipment, Calculator, Telephone credit card machine. Some maintenance includes unclogging toilet, relighting water heater, etc. Office supplies such as notepads, pencils, pens, maps for deliveries etc. Reliable transportation.
D. Environmental Factors:
Fast paced work environment. Primarily inside restaurant around food prep and cooking equipment (hot & cold); may need to work at drive-thru window. Requires frequent immersing of hands in water to wash hands, wash/rinse food, and small wares. All food handling requires gloves. Cleaning responsibilities are performed outdoors in the elements like rain, snow, sleet, hail, sun, hot and cold. Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays. Most positions work with the public.
Brand: Taco Bell
Address: 1700 SE Blue Parkway Lees Summit, MO – 64063
Property Description: RCB 1700 SE Blue Parkway
Property Number: 034417