Sheet Metal Pre-Apprentice
We are seeking Sheet Metal Pre-Apprentices to join our Team. We have an opening in Spring 2021 for an individual looking for a Sheet Metal Apprenticeship opportunity.
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with an experienced, award-winning leader celebrating over 100 years in the mechanical contracting and engineering industry?
Apprentices join the staff at Rohde Brothers as a pre-apprentice Sheet Metal Helper. Within a year of successful employment with Rohde Brothers, apply to become a registered apprentice.
Once you complete your apprenticeship program, there are many chances for advancement within Rohde Brothers. In return for continued employment with Rohde Brothers, we will cover all costs of your apprenticeship!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sheet Metal Pre-Apprentice
DEPARTMENT: Sheet Metal
PURPOSE: Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using a hammer; operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; or inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces. Includes sheet metal duct installers who install prefabricated sheet metal ducts used for heating, air conditioning, or other purposes. Work safely and keeps the work area clean.
- Company-paid (100%) health insurance premium.
- Voluntary Dental coverage.
- Voluntary Vision coverage.
- Voluntary FSA or HSA account.
- Voluntary 401(K) program, including a company match.
- Term life insurance.
- Flexible Paid Time Off.
- Company funded Short Term Disability.
- Tuition reimbursement for qualified training and continuing education courses.
- Tool expense reimbursement determined by trade.
- Uniforms reimbursement is determined by trade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in fabrication and installation of sheet metal products
- Work with journeymen and apprentices to construct fabrications from drawings
- Assemble and disassemble scaffold
- Cut, measure, and assemble sheet metal products
- Maintain a safe and LEAN working environment.
- Deliver material to job sites
- Assist in the loading, unloading, and organized storage of materials
- Pre-apprentices will initially be trained in the shop fabrication process but may also work in the field on installations at job sites.
- A motivated individual interested in earning a sheet metal apprenticeship
- Current, valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Conscientious and safety-minded attitude
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Mathematical competence and strong reading comprehension
- Strong work ethic and attendance
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Must be able to stay on task and be self-motivated
- Physical ability to climb, crawl, lift heavy items and work in a variety of environments, including indoor/outdoor, hot/cold weather, confined spaces, heights, etc. (any necessary safety training will be provided before entering these environments)
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 18 years old or older
- Current Valid Driver’s License and Insurable Driver
- Must be able to: Stand or walk for long periods of time during the regular workday; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds; climb up and down ladders, work at high heights, scaffolds and other climbing devices; operate or work around power tools; carry tools and equipment; work while in stooping, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; be able to see naturally or with correction, to perform designated tasks safely.
- Must be able to: Perform assigned tasks in a plant environment. Environmental conditions may include areas where toxic or caustics chemicals or fumes are in use or being stored.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Related keywords: sheet metal, sheet metal mechanic, aviation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All visitors/candidates are required to wear a face mask when entering our building. All common/high touch areas are sanitized multiples times daily. Social distancing is enforced whenever possible.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hand tools: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible