Precise Cast Prototypes & Engineering, Inc.,has been a key supplier to Fortune 1000 companies for their prototyping, low-volume production, and machining needs since 2004. Serving the North American markets, we continually monitor and refine our processes and employ precision machining equipment to assure both a high degree of accuracy and quick turnarounds to meet our customers’ most challenging deadlines.
Come join our team of experts and help us create amazing and impressive cast-metal parts that are used throughout the world. We make molds and fill them with molten metal to produce raw castings which are then machined with high accuracy and high precision.
Our machine shop has immediate openings for a 1st or2nd Shift Set UpMachinistfor vertical CNC machined. There is a pay differential for 2nd shift.
1stShift Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pmMonday through Fridaywith occasional overtime and weekend workavailable.
2ndShift Hours: 1:00pm – 9:30pm Monday through Fridaywith occasional overtime and weekend work available.
This job requires very strongattention to detail and also requires extensive set upexperience.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Set Up Machinistwith expertise in troubleshooting jobs and getting machines into production
- Must own standard set of machinist tools and be able to use them properly
- Must be able to start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions, adjust machine controls and offsets with little or no supervision
- Ability to read and edit basic G-code and M-code
- Must be able to work with job programmer to get jobs into production
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment to measure dimensions and tolerances
- Work with supervisors to discuss process improvements, work-holding solutions, & cycle time improvements
- Able to work in a team environment with little supervision
- Proficient at diagnosing tooling and dimensional problems
- Ability to read tooling lists, blueprints, and manufacturing diagrams
- Ability to assemble tools from provided tool lists
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Must have excellent verbal communication and excellent reading comprehension
- Other duties include machine maintenance, housekeeping, and other general shop duties
- May be assigned other duties by supervisor
- Must have good work attendance history
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time in a machine shop environment
- Some working knowledge of MasterCAMis a plus
- Experience with machining and holding metal castings is a plus
- 5-Axis experience beneficial
Candidates must pass a background check and drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
If interested, please include your pay range expectation in your application package. Your job history mustdemonstrate your proficiency in setting up jobs in a CNC machining environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Machinist: 3 years (Required)