Greet customers, listen to their description of the problems or service needed, determine the type of service required, and prepare repair orders. If a vehicle requires additional repairs not covered in the original order, they estimate the additional cost and telephone the customer for permission to do the work, they also advise customers on other available services.
- Advises customers about necessary service for routine maintenance.
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost and labor estimates for service.
- Handles customer complaints-elevates as necessary
- Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtains vehicle information.
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts.
- Checks on the progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or estimated time, explains cost and time requirements in detail and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Establishes “estimated time.” Checks with the dispatcher, if necessary.
- Obtains customer’s signature on repair order; provides the customer with a copy.
- Establishes customer’s method of payment. Obtains credit approval, if necessary.
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization are noted. Closes repair order as appropriate.
- Helps identify a mechanical problem by questioning the customer.
- Confers with customers about inspection results, recommend corrective procedures, and prepare the work order for needed repairs
- Writes a brief description of the customer’s concern on the repair order to help the technician locate the problem.
- Explains the work performed and the repair order charges to the customer.
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards.
- Process/Receive payments from customers as needed
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Advises customers on the care of their trucks and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or oral form.
- Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS