Company Name: Smith’s Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Slice deli meats and cheeses to customer’s requests using proper deli equipment.
- Offer samples and recommend products to customers.
- Inform customers of deli/bistro specials.
- Recommend deli/ bistro items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in department according to company guidelines.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness; review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock sign, and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Meet customers’ needs by maintaining a clean, attractive and friendly department.
- Keep refrigerated coolers, store shelves, and other displays fully stocked and conditioned at all times according to tag allocation or department standards.
- Prepare salads, entrées, and meals; assemble party trays to company standards.
- Perform cashier functions.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are followed.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Must be 18 or older
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Regions: Mountain; West