MRC is a well recognized non-profit leader of quality services, programs, care and housing for senior adults throughout east Texas. We are accepting applications for a Service Coordinator to support seniors in a subsidized living apartment complex on Bayshore Drive near Sylvan Beach Park in LaPorte.
The Service Coordinator will improve the quality of life for residents by increasing resident access to community services & resources, and by facilitating their participation in programs that enhance their physical, social, and mental well-being.
If you can deliver excellent customer service and share our desire to make a difference in the lives of seniors, we’d love to hear from you.
Specific job duties include working with residents at a subsidized housing unit for seniors to:
- Assist residents and supporting family members by linking them to services available in the community to hlep the residents maintain an independent and self-reliant lifestyle.
- Sponsor educational events that include subjects relating to healthcare, agency support, life skills, and referral sources.
- Help residents build informal support networks with other residents, family, volunteers, and friends.
- Arrange and promote wellness activites for residents.
- Act as a liaison between residents and management staff, other residents, community agencies and other resources.
- Assist residents in understanding lease and tenancy obligations.