Server- Senior Site
The primary purpose of the Server is to create an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests in accordance
with all current federal, state and local guidelines and regulations. The Server follows all policies and procedures established by the Corporate Culinary Chef and Lockwood Management.
- Follow established dining room practices to provide high quality service to residents and guests during meal services and special functions.
- Create and maintain a customer centered service culture by demonstrating proactive hospitality with prospects, residents, family members and fellow community associates.
- Collect dining tickets from residents as required and submit final count of all diners for accurate posting.
- Deliver meals to resident apartments according to policy.
- Provide professional and high quality service to corporate and site operations team members.
- Follow safety and sanitation rules and practices.
- Ensure all meal courses are accurately plated, professionally served and cleared according to Lockwood standards.
- Perform assigned shift duties as directed and as outlined in procedure manual.
- Promote a clean safe and neat environment for all residents and staff.
- Follow policies in the Employee Handbook relating to personal appearance, and dress code.
- Knowledge and participation in fire safety procedures and assist with evacuation of residents to a safe location in the event of a fire or other emergency.
- Participate in company sponsored continuing education and training programs.
- Maintain clear lines of communication.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and knowledge necessary for satisfactory performance include but are not limited to:
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age with a work permit, or over eighteen (18) years of age.
- Ability to relate to seniors in a courteous, understanding and cooperative manner.
- Knowledge and use of proper body mechanics when lifting, bending, pushing or pulling.
- Capable of lifting carrying and balancing a 10-15 pound tray. Pushing, pulling and moving a minimum of a 50 pound card.
- Capable of standing and maneuvering on a tile floor for an 4-8 hour shift.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a fire extinguisher and to manipulate kitchen equipment including a slicer, chopper, food processor, knives, etc.
- Understanding that performance of certain job tasks will involve exposure to cleaning chemicals that may require precautions.
- Paid holidays
- PTO accrual
- 401k plan