Part-time, 20 hours per week
Currently John Knox Village features 7 individual dining outlets spread out over the 400 acres of residential property each with a unique menu and style of service. Fireside is a cafeteria, Lakeside Grille is a quick service restaurant, Courtyard Café, Places Restaurant, and the newest, Stories Public House and Metropolitan are full service restaurants, and then there’s the Coffee Shoppe. Each outlet is at least a mix scratch restaurant. Courtyard Café, Places, Stories Pub, and Metropolitan are 70 to 99% scratch made-to-order kitchens. Lakeside has some cook-to-order and some batch cooking for the meal period. Fireside is mostly batch cooking. All kitchens utilize prep and line cooks under the tutelage and leadership of a chef. Check averages range from $6.50 at Fireside to $20.00 at Metropolitan. All outlets feature flexible hours, full- and part-time positions. All full-time positions are benefit-eligible to include up to 5 weeks of PTO for the year. Each outlet has different hours of operations, the earliest starts service at 7am and the latest closing time is 8pm, so say goodbye to getting off work at 2am from a typical restaurant. Servers working the full-service restaurant earn a higher wage than a typical server in the retail world plus earn gratuities as well.
This position provides service duties in a restaurant, dining room and kitchen environment. These duties may include, but are not limited to: functioning as host/hostess, setting up the dining area, taking food orders, serving food and cleaning and sanitizing the dining areas. Responsible for following instructions and carrying out assignments properly. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sets up and cleans the assigned dining areas.
- Relay orders to kitchen and serves food.
- Performs food preparation.
- May perform cashier responsibilities.
- Complies with dining services tip reporting policy.
- Observes residents and responds to additional needs.
- Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
- Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
Candidate must be at least 16 years of age.
- This position requires the level of education typically acquired by a course of study leading to a high school diploma or GED.
- Must obtain current Jackson County Food Handler Permit within 15 days of start date.
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Ability to work with a large group of residents/customers.
- Beginner level knowledge of cash handling and cash register operation.
- Awareness of cost control responsibilities of the position within the Department.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Ability to speak in simple sentences.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform tasting and/or smelling.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but straight-forward written or oral instructions.
Special Working Conditions
- Primarily works in a kitchen and restaurant environment.
- The associate is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities
- All associates may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maximum frequent lift of 15 lbs from 30-52 inches; maximum occasional lift of 36 lbs from floor to 72 inches
- Maximum frequent carry of 15 lbs at self-selected height for 75 ft; maximum occasional carry of 36 lbs at self-selected height for 75ft
- Maximum occasional vertical pull of 30 lbs from 36 to 72 inch height; maximum occasional horizontal push/pull of 40 lbs at for 50 ft
- Constant grip force of 10 lbs; frequent pinch force of 5 lbs; occasional climb of 8 inches
- Maximum frequent forward reach (self-selected unilateral or bilateral) of 40 inches; maxiumum frequent lateral reach of 24 inches
- Constant bend/crouch; frequent neck flexion; frequent fine motor coordination; frequent hand coordination; constant balance; constant stand; constant walking
- PDC Level: Medium
Frequent supervision from Supervisor Nutrition Services and/or Restaurant Manager, Kitchen Supervisor, Senior Cook, Assistant Manager and Senior FSA
No Supervision given.
Post-Offer background check and drug screen required.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]