- Supervises the performance of security personnel assigned to shift.
- Assists with preparation of employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, and counseling sessions.
- Assists with conducting shift briefings with all officers.
- Remains familiar with all activities occurring during the shift to keep subordinates informed of changes affecting inmates and operations.
- Makes routine and non-routine security checks of work areas, living area units.
- Conducts counts, (formal and non-formal).
- Investigates inmate complaints and takes appropriate action.
- Instructs and counsels inmates as required.
- Monitors inmate movement within the institution.
- Performs essential and marginal duties of subordinates.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A high school diploma and experience in Correctional, Security or Police work.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- Two (2) years of experience in Correctional Security or Police work.
Must be certified by the South Carolina Department of Corrections Training Academy and successfully complete the Basic Supervisory Course within six (6) months of entry into the position.
This position is assigned to Property Control.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.