We have an exciting opportunity at our Fortune 100 client for User Researcher in San Jose, CA. This is a long-term role (up to 2 years) with possibility of conversion to perm for the right candidate. iTalent Digital offers medical benefits, 401k and more!
Direct W2 candidates only please (we are not able to offer sponsorship at this time) **no third party or vendor submissions please**
Client is looking for a user researcher to work with our Customer Experience Platforms Group located in San Jose, CA. In this position, you will work with project teams, peer interaction designers, and users to define the user experience of clients software applications. You will be responsible for planning and conducting User Experience Research that will include facilitating usability studies, workshops, surveys, and contextual interviews. This individual must understand the business requirements, research the needs of the user, analyze research data and translate these findings into meaningful recommendations and actionable items. This role works closely with Product Owners, Product Managers, Program Managers, Developers and Designers to define and improve the user experience of Clients products and services.
- Ability to engage with users, customers and partners
- Experience conducting usability testing, user interviews and other user research methods such as field studies, ethnography, and surveys
- Facilitate onsite and remote usability reviews. Serve as Usability Testing Contact: advise and guide UE designers in designing, planning, and conducting user research activities
- Create personas and user profiles based on research results
- Systematically help identify, collect, and report metrics from usability tests
- Present findings at all levels within the organization
- Create and synthesize information from usability studies, to guide design decisions for our products
- Help drive product direction based on field research and functional requirements. In certain cases, design mockups including wireframes
- Facilitate project communication across a multi-disciplinary team throughout all phases of the project
- Proactively drive improvements in user testing facilities, methods, participant recruiting, tools, and equipment
Who You Are
· BS/BA/Masters in Design, Human Computer Interaction or related degree in Computer Science with an HCI specialty, Human Factors, Psychology, related field or equivalent experience
· 7 to 10+ years of experience conducting researchusing different techniques at various stages of product development
· Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and structure research that simplify these concepts
· Must be experienced in conducting user experience research and using the right techniques as required throughout the product development process
· Experience with in-person and remote usability and UX research tools
· Provide teams with research context and perspective on what will make a product easy to use
· Understanding and experience with industry standard user-centered design process
· Ability to work independently as well as cross-functional groups
· Strong cross-cultural communication, collaboration and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent time-management, multi-tasking ability, and the ability to prioritize
· Strong visual and verbal communication skills
Skills in Interaction Design, Visual Design, and Prototyping are a bonus!
Bonus, you also have experience in:
- E-commerce, payment, or support solutions
- Both Enterprise and Consumer designs
About iTalent Digital: A woman- and minority-owned digital consulting company, we celebrate individuals and diversity, cultivating a culture where our people can excel and lead balanced lives. Recruitment at iTalent is guided by an unwavering principle: Only hire the best. Because we have the best people, we have the privilege of working with the best clients, doing the best work, and effecting transformative change at work and in our communities.
What you get: You get the chance to work with some of the best brands and high-performance teams out there! iTalent offers our W2 consultants excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K + matching. We are growing and we want to see you grow!
Log onto iTalentdigital.comto learn more about what working at iTalent can mean for you.
Job Type: Full-time