For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Senior Technologist – IVB for our In Vivo Biosafety team located in Wilmington, MA.
The following are responsibilities related to the Senior Technologist – IVB.
- Perform daily test article/substance administration, observation and recording of physical signs of species for contracted laboratory studies. May also perform supportive serology testing as required by study protocols.
- Prepare cage tags and individual animal number tags; prepare and autoclave cages.
- Prepare data forms for routine study procedures. Assist with preparation of data forms for specialized study procedures.
- Record study parameters as required by protocol.
- Ensure adequate supply of dosage equipment during the course of study. Assist in ensuring adequate supply of additional study specified materials such as blood collection tubes.
- Assist in preparation of test agents and formulations. May perform more complex study procedures such as test article neutralization, titration, mandibular blood collection and tumor cell placement. May perform HA testing, ELISA or IFA. Generate periodic summarization of data.
- Assist in routine animal husbandry practices.
- Ensure raw data records are accurate, complete, and in appropriate order, and meet protocol specifications and/or GMP requirements.
- Ensure effective functioning of departmental equipment. Schedule calibrations and any required maintenance.
- Assist in interaction with project managers and technical staff in planning and conduct of studies.
- Assist project managers in preparing responses to both internal and external quality assurance audits.
- Assist in planning and coordinating the activities of the department through hands-on technical support, communication with animal production / lab personnel and occasional delegation to other departmental personnel.
- Mentor and train departmental technicians and technologists. Provide leadership and motivation to all departmental personnel.
- Share responsibility for general housekeeping and maintaining appropriate inventory levels of departmental supplies.
- Responsible for proficiency in all departmental SOPs with general knowledge of the lab/production processes. Participate in review and revision of departmental SOP.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements for the Senior Technologist – IVB.
- Associate’s degree (A.A. /A.S.) or equivalent in Biological Sciences or related discipline.
- Two to four years related technical experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- ALAT/LAT certification preferred.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.