We are seeking an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to join our fast-paced Sinclair Digital organization. You will drive the launch of our Regional Sports Networks (RSN) digital experience. You will work closely with both the product management team and software development groups across the organization. You will work to define strategy and requirements. You will also lead the development design through delivery and subsequent operations. You are able to focus on both delivery and customers. You should have experience managing multiple complete product development cycles, possess superior analytical abilities and expert product judgment. You will have excellent listening and writing skills.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate with executive management on status, risks, and mitigations. In addition, having a strong technical competency is essential to this role. A successful candidate will have a technical background, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as, great project management and communication competencies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Experience in executing corporate-wide initiatives. You are able to define project plans, coordinate resources, manage implementation activities, and develop all processes associated with program rollout along with ongoing support
- A high degree of competency with project management including, Agile methodology, identifying and managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status
- A positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity
- Excellent collaboration, with crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of the software development process, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience influencing senior management and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
- Prior success driving multiple technical programs for a technology company, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and fine-tuning the program as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 10+ years’ experience as a Technical Program Manager
- Proficiency with digital video products and/or technologies
- Global experience (program launches in multiple geographies simultaneously)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Experience communicating with senior management
- A demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems
- An ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes, and ability to deliver against lofty goals on time
Sinclair Digital is transforming how local news and television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the digital innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with affiliations to all major networks and more local television stations than anyone else. Sinclair Digital’s software engineers work together to solve complex problems around delivering news and entertainment to audiences across the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, and our content publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We take pride in our charter to transform Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an every-platform enterprise while maintaining our entrepreneurial spirit. Need to develop to talk about Tennis Channel etc.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!