We connect the data from start to finish. The Ed-Fi Alliance is dedicated to empowering educators with real-time, actionable education data on every student in their classrooms, schools, districts or states. The organization provides and continually updates the Ed-Fi data standard and technology suite, a flexible tool suite of technology components designed to unify and organize raw education data and information from a broad range of existing disparate data sources so it can be integrated, analyzed and put to use every day.
The Ed-Fi Alliance works to ensure continued widespread adoption of key elements of the Ed-Fi technology across the United States through technology development, governance and market building activities. Ed-Fi Alliance also governs the Ed-Fi data standard via an open governance process consisting of state, regional and local education agency representatives, as well as commercial and nonprofit partners.
The Ed-Fi Alliance is an initiative of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation and is based in Austin, Texas. Additional information may be found at our web site: http://www.ed-fi.org/.
Current Opportunity – Senior Technical Product Manager – Austin, TX
The Ed-Fi Alliance is currently interviewing for a Senior Technical Product Manager to play a leading role in defining and executing on the Ed-Fi technology roadmap.
The Alliance develops, maintains and releases the Ed-Fi Data Standard and related technology components in close collaboration with the Ed-Fi community of adopters and implementers, and this role offers a unique opportunity to deeply influence the technology landscape of the education sector.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with sound technical skills, a great track record of success, and has tremendous passion for creating compelling, yet simple product experiences.
The role is based in Austin, TX and will report to the Ed-Fi Alliance Vice President, Technology.
- Technical Product and Program Management. Drive the execution of multiple technology projects, from inception though delivery, toward roadmap goals. Work effectively as Product Owner on one or more SCRUM teams, coordinate and oversee the day-to-day development work of outsourced development projects and oversee technology project acceptance. Establish and track project budgets and schedules. Manage technology vendor relationships on behalf of the Ed-Fi Alliance.
- Meet Market Needs and Standards. Ensure technology offerings meet market needs at a high standard of excellence. Actively engage with customers and partners to understand market needs and solicit feedback roadmap and product direction, which includes proactively identifying and filling gaps where needed. Coordinate the documentation and delivery of products with marketing and communications resources. Coordinate the go-to-market activities between the conclusion of development and the final delivery of the product.
- Stay Up-to-date on Technology Trends: Map to the field’s needs and know how to separate hype from substantive changes in the technology landscape.
- 8+ years of experience as a Technical Product / Program Manager building and releasing enterprise or consumer facing products/services
- Experience bringing solutions from concept through development to the market
- Great problem solving, strategic thinking and technical skills
- Deep customer empathy and ability to identify customer needs
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Self-driven and ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to identify opportunities, requirements, and product priorities from client engagements, stakeholder meetings, and the overall technology landscape
- Exceptionally strong project management skills with recent experience managing multiple projects, including out-sourced development
- Technical experience working with Web technologies (including RESTful architectures), data modelling, database design, C# & ASP.Net
- A willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues as part of maintaining the skills necessary to manage products and projects
- Understand technical tradeoffs and opportunity costs and make quick decisions with your engineering team
- A BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering and/or equivalent industry experience