The position assists the Tax Department with a wide range of investment fund tax and accounting related responsibilities, including but not limited to, the review and preparation of federal, state, local and foreign tax filings and related workpapers, the preparation of book to tax adjustments, the preparation of management company books and various other tax planning projects. The Senior Tax Accountant also assists in the documentation and maintenance of federal and state tax compliance requirements, and helps develop relevant workflow enhancements as they pertain to the tax reporting and preparation process. The ideal candidate has a solid tax background and is looking for an opportunity to broaden his or her technical skills. He or she will possess a willingness to learn directly from seasoned tax professionals and to deep dive into investment related tax issues. The position reports directly to the Associate Tax Directors.
- Prepares and reviews tax compliance work (i.e. federal and state tax returns/filings, tax adjustments for investment entities (wash sales, straddles, constructive sales), estimated tax payments, local tax filings, 1099s, etc.)
- Prepares and reviews US FATCA and CRS returns, registrations, and other related activities
- Provides timely and accurate responses for federal and state tax notices
- Researches and calculates the tax impacts of various tax issues
- Acts as a trusted advisor when providing advice related to tax compliance, planning, strategy, etc.
- Strives to increase knowledge across all areas of tax and helps the tax associates grow their technical knowledge
- Maintains and monitors tax team schedules to ensure internal deadlines are met
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Tax is required; CPA and/or Masters in Tax desired
- Up to seven years of tax preparation experience; investment fund and high net-worth individual tax experience a plus
- Up to seven years of accounting experience; demonstrated experience preparing common journal entries is required; A/P, A/R or financial statement reporting experience a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; prior experience communicating with clients, the IRS, state and local tax authorities is required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master new technical skills
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to work independently and under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency in CCH ProSystem fx, QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office is required; experience using Washems!, BNA Income Tax Planner, RIA Checkpoint, US FATCA/CRS reporting websites, CFS for Forms 1099 preparation a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)
- Tax Preparation: 7 years (Preferred)