The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (SQE) is responsible for ensuring that SEAKR’s supply chain is consistently able to provide high-quality, reliable components for aerospace applications. This person audits supplier quality management systems, performs source inspections, and tracks supplier performance. The SQE plays a critical role in SEAKR’s Product Assurance department, ensuring that flowed-down component requirements are properly executed and resolving supplier quality issues. The SQE reports to the Manager of Supplier Quality.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL
- Support procurement, program management, manufacturing, and engineering with all supplier quality related activities.
- Perform quality system evaluations of new and ongoing suppliers.
- Perform supplier surveillance during fabrication of flight articles to assure compliance with requirements.
- Draft and maintain electronic records of supplier surveillance and evaluation reports in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Create/maintain supplier approval rating and records, including survey records and Quality Management Systems (QMS) certifications, in ERP system.
- Perform a review and approval of purchase orders of flight hardware.
- Identify and mitigate supplier-born risks.
- Analyze supplier defect trends and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Support Receiving Inspection with non-conformance evaluations and Material Review Board (MRB) dispositions.
- Communicate non-conformances to supplier and request, track, and help implement corrective/preventive action where necessary.
- Work with procurement to vet and onboard new suppliers.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 6-15+ Years of experience in product assurance and quality systems, including exposure to ISO9001/AS9100.
- Able to travel (25% typical, up to 75% of time per month) to perform supplier surveys, audits, assessments, and inspections.
- Industry experience in electronics assemblies, manufacturing and/or printed circuit boards (PCB) fabrication.
- Background in performing root cause analysis (5 Whys, 8D, Fishbone, Pareto, FMEA), and identifying solutions to complex problems.
- Experience improving supplier performance through metrics.
- Proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such Epicor, Abas, Infor, SAP. Sapphire, Kronos, IFS, Oracle +Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics, or similar.
- Knowledge of quality systems and supply chain quality functions and documentation.
- Strong communication skills to interface effectively with internal customers and external suppliers on quality and quality control issues.
- Technical aptitude with strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documentation such as drawing dimensions and mechanical/electronic inspection methods/reports
- Ability to successfully operate as part of a multi-functional team, including engineering, program management, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Effective time management and skillfulness at task prioritization.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES
- Quality Engineer Certification (CQE) from American Society for Quality (ASQ).
- Experience leading process improvement projects with Agile, Six Sigma, Lean, Scrum or equivalent.
- Certification/training in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiarity and experience with AS9102 First Article Inspection requirements.
- Certification/training to requirements for electronic assemblies such as J-STD-001, IPC-HDBK-001, Nasa Workmanship (NASA_STD-8739.6), IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610, IPC-6012 or similar.
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado