Senior Structural Engineering Leader
KPFF Consulting Engineers
Senior Structural Engineering Leader
KPFF is seeking a Structural Engineering Leader in the Mid-West region who is ambitious, humble, and strategic, while hungry for trust, autonomy, and support to help grow a practice. This candidate would build on our current workload, systems, and core values to be as successful as they want it to be.
Our purpose is to engineer opportunities for fine Engineers to accomplish their career goals. This is one such role: to help lead a young office that is currently working on some amazing projects in the region, and build on this to create something perpetual. At our core, we are “Building Relationships and our Community with Engineering Excellence”.
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineering Leader who has at least 10 years of experience in building design, working with both new construction and renovation with the ability to design and coordinate a project from solicitation to close-out. This candidate has strong relationships in the AEC community and has experience managing teams, navigating challenging situations, and inspiring people to accomplish shared goals together. Our ideal candidate also has a reputation for nurturing and maintaining rapport with the design and construction teams, as well as possessing excellent working relationships with them.
- Is a Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in OH
- Possesses a Masters Degree in Civil Engineering and has 10 years or more of project experience
- Has demonstrated and laudable management experience leading teams
- Has a personal brand in the AEC community and want to leverage this to create something special, scalable, and perpetual
- Can prepare and negotiate design contracts, evaluate/assess/manage risk
- Has the self-awareness to ask for help when needed and listen with a curious, open mind; has strong emotional intelligence
- Can mentor team members and engage in the overall leadership of the office to propel a growth strategy
- Can oversee projects from proposal to completion; has a proficient understanding of load path, whole building systems, mechanics of building materials, etc.
- Delivers excellence in communication and construction documents, and enjoys being part of a team to complete the project
- Has a strong grasp of the Construction Administration process and best practices.
To Succeed at KPFF You:
- Enjoy being a mentor; have a teacher’s mindset
- Are self-motivated and strive for excellence in all aspects: for yourself and others
- Have effective organizational skills and exemplary verbal and written communication skills, focused on relationship building inside and outside of the company
- Consistently think beyond rote training to thoughtfully and creatively design structural solutions
- Display a desire for growth and welcome advancement opportunities
- Welcome the collaborative and iterative process that comes with designing world-class buildings
- Participate in planning and supporting the Vision of the office
- Embody KPFF’s core values: Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion
- Maintaining the same position for several hours
- Moving throughout office or site visits
- Operate a computer, calculator, and various other essential office tools
- Kneeling, climbing, crawling, squatting, reaching
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are forward-thinking structural and civil engineers who design state-of-the-art, enduring solutions for a wide range of projects. KPFF has provided sustainable, high-value contributions to the built environment for more than 60 years. We collaborate with our clients utilizing the advantages of VDC with BIM tools as a way of visualizing, coordinating, and tracking systems. Our focus is to provide engineering solutions to building infrastructure problems, whatever they are, rather than put limits on what we’re capable of providing.
At KPFF our purpose is to engineer opportunities – we have created a training and engineering philosophy called “forefront”. Your experience starts the day you walk in the door at KPFF and continues as a career-long effort to help us all advance and grow together. Learning is a cycle, not a race to the finish line. In one way or another, everyone becomes a teacher and mentor for others as they continue to expand their own skills and drive the KPFF experience. KPFF encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior. Professional development is an everyday event as is your direct interaction with Owners, Architects, and Contractors.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages a positive work/life balance. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary, and pay you for every hour you work. KPFF is a global firm with more than 23 offices, 1,200+ employees, and collective professional registrations in all 50 states.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about KPFF Consulting Engineers by visiting our website at www.kpff.com