We are looking for an agile Senior Planner to help drive strategy on a variety of accounts and new business opportunities. The ideal candidate is big idea thinker who understands how to translate consumer insights into actionable creative strategies in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. He/she must have a passion for conducting research of any kind, framing problems, discovering insights, finding “the way in,” inspiring creativity, anticipating questions and creating actionable plans.
This position will report directly to the Executive Planning Director in the Chicago office and partner across all g4 communities including creative, media and account management.
Who we are:
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week’s Global Agency of the Year and winner of a 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Sound like you want to “Go All In” with us? Here are the details:
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrates a strong ability to distill a wealth of information into simple and compelling plans/presentations
- Desire to conduct research including competitive analysis, emerging opportunities, etc.
- Understands the key trends that drive consumer behavior and affect the way that brands communicate – always living at the intersection of brands, culture, and creativity
- Develop emotive creative briefs to inspire audience-led, idea-centric strategies that creatives teams can use to develop compelling creative work
- Able to create an insight that is actionable, goal-oriented and provides a unique perspective
- Maintains a clear understanding of client deliverables and their business/communication objectives
- Produces work that is client-ready
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and initiative – must be able to work autonomously or in collaboration with other teams, especially our creative teams
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Excellent presenter and facilitator, adept at leading meetings with clients and colleagues
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Post Grad Degree a Plus
- 5+ years of experience in a strategic planning role, agency experience a plus
- Strong digital skills and a mind for analytics
- Outstanding oral and written storytelling skills as well as presentation skills
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.