Innerspace Counseling is New Jersey’s Premiere Intensive Mental Health Program Specialist serving children, adolescents, and adults with primary mental health diagnoses. Each of our patients receives individualized, high quality care through a variety of empirically based treatments including but not limited to DBT and CBT. In each program patients are provided a psychiatric assessment and treatment plan, individual therapy, group therapy, family sessions, and medication management. Our goal is to set people on a path toward long-term success and healing through our caring and empowering approach.
Innerspace Counseling is seeking a motivated, clinically strong individual for our open Senior Staff Psychiatrist position. The Psychiatrist will provide care for youth, adolescent, and adult patients across our programs. Tasks include providing psychiatric assessments for new patients, maintaining detailed, accurate and current patient records, as well as providing follow up care for patients weekly or bi-weekly depending on the program they are in. This position will provide coverage for other providers as needed. The successful candidate will work as a team with our clinicians and NP's and will assist in delivering premium care to each and every patient.
The position is part time – minimum 20-25 hours per week (with additional flex days/ hours for coverage as needed) and is eligible for benefits post a standard probationary period. Salary is based on experience.
Basic Job Description:
- Complete Intake Assessments and make level of care determinations
- Assist in the team treatment planning process
- Provide coverage for other providers as needed
- Provide medication counseling and treatment to patients in the intensive outpatient and partial care setting (Children, Adolescents, and Adults) -Ages 8 years and older (All patients must be seen weekly or bi weekly depending on the program they are admitted to)
- Provide collaborative supervision of staff NP's
- Collaborate care with treatment team and families so that patients receive the highest quality of care
- Collaborate with the utilization department as needed to ensure that enough clinical information is available for patients to receive appropriate care.
- Complete peer to peer reviews with managed care when needed to ensure patient’s treatment is covered.
- Chart and document all patient care in a timely fashion
- Attend rounds twice per week with entire treatment team to collaborate on patient care and treatment planning.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in the provision of mental health services with youth and adults (respectively)
- Current and valid board certification in psychiatry
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school and completion of an approved psychiatric residency
- Licensed to practice medicine in state of NJ
- Current CDS and DEA registration
- Excellent knowledge and familiarity with current DSM criteria
- Familiar with crisis assessment tools and techniques
- Strong working knowledge of psychiatric principles and practices as it relates to children, adolescents and adults
- Ability to work within a team and take direction
- Must be familiar with and comfortable with utilizing an EHR (Electronic Health Record)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings