What you’ll be doing…
The server platform is the foundation that allows businesses to analyze large datasets interactively and allows people who are passionate about data to bring their interactive data views to life. You will be able to take on a variety of projects, from building a high-performance backend to a web-based analytics tool, to building robust and highly available clustered services, to extending the abilities of people to collaborate on data at intranet and Internet scales. You will do this and more in a highly collaborative environment full of talented professionals who are dedicated to helping people “see and understand their data”
Who you are…
- Experienced. You have 5+ years industry (non-intern) experience coding commercial software and a passion for solving complex problems. You have solid development skills with object-oriented languages (Java, C++, C#) and preferably web technologies and development tools as well. Experience developing scalable services using open source or contributions toward open source projects are a plus.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in your products.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
- Technically Savvy. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people – things that are robust, scalable, and that perform well.
- Customer Advocate. You understand customer requirements and prioritize for maximum customer / user experience.
- You’re a recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!