Senior Software Engineer, Java Infrastructure for Autonomous Database
Why Oracle NetSuite?
Picture yourself building a successful career at Oracle NetSuite – working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing businesses achieve their business goals with the world’s #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ECommerce and more.
Oracle NetSuite is used by more than 40,000 companies and divisions of large enterprises to run mission-critical operations without the high costs and inefficiencies of on-premise systems. Named by Gartner as the world’s fastest-growing financial management vendor on a global basis, and winner of two prestigious CODiE awards for Best Financial Management Solution and Best Cloud Infrastructure, NetSuite is where business is going.
Oracle NetSuite is looking for a senior Java developer to integrate Oracle’s next-generation relational database platform, the Autonomous Database, into the NetSuite application infrastructure. You will have a significant role in solving problems, building solutions, and pioneering leading-edge cloud software on the world’s most powerful and performant database platform.
We are looking for a database-savvy Java developer who loves to focus on design improvements, proof-of-concept work, and coding and testing innovative solutions. You will work closely with other Infrastructure engineering teams focused on databases, connections, performance, and application health, to test and implement a new database infrastructure platform, while ensuring the continued functionality of the existing system. Technically you will be implementing and validating solutions that include database schema, business logic, and connection handling in the Infrastructure group, while partnering occasionally with Product development teams. You will develop new techniques as appropriate to create features and deploy platforms with the highest level of reliability, efficiency, scalability, and security. You must be comfortable with testing and analyzing the results of your design improvements. You will distill large quantities of synthetic and real-world data into actionable insights, and explain the data and approach to others in clear terms. You will continue to champion your changes into an operational production environment where you will analyze databases, connections, and application systems and continuously improve them. You are motivated to succeed, and success meaning improving the infrastructure platform on which the entire business depends.
- B.S. in computer engineering or equivalent work experience
- Coding excellence with 5 years of software development experience (Java, Scala, C# etc.)
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with Java
- Intimate and working understanding of modern cloud applications from database to browser
- Proficiency in SQL and extensive experience with database driven applications
- Solid experience with JDBC or ODBC, and some experience with connection handling and connection pool behaviors and debugging
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- Skills to debug and understand large Java and SQL code base
- A passion for performance optimization work. You love to improve system scalability through smart iteration, intelligent testing, logically sound proof-of-concept work, and innovation
- A focus on designing for reliable and repeatable results, from the design stage through testing and into production
- A mindset focused on the importance of testing to validate working designs, discovering new and better configurations, and generating data that guides decision making with demonstrations of value
- A desire to delight the customer by taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of your projects
- SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, or ASP environment work experience
- Exadata and/or RAC experience.
- Agile/Scrum development experience.
- Enterprise business application development experience.
- Experience working on defining and refining requirements.
- Basic Linux proficiency.
- Some financial accounting proficiency.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.