There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa (US-IA) – Urbandale
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Software Developer – 61798
As a Senior Software Developer on the ISG Sales System, for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG-Urbandale), you will be a technical lead on a team of passionate developers and testers to design, develop, test, and integrate applications of high complexity. We operate in a collaborative, open environment focused on using Agile development techniques to autonomously deliver solutions quickly and effectively. In addition, you will:
- Provide technical expertise to define and refine features in preparation for grooming with the team
- Pair frequently and provide technical guidance and coaching with junior members of the team
- Work with individuals on your team to create and enforce coding standards, workflow, or tool standards
- Establish a culture of software crafting best practices in your team, including Test Automation, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Collaborate with Staff Developers and other teams on new technologies and technical thought leadership
- Interface regularly with our customers to ensure you are producing technical solutions that meet their needs
- Engage in Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives and hackathons
- Collaborate with other teams to help drive alignment and understanding of requirements and dependencies
- Influence our overall product development strategy and roadmap.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
At this level, you should have professional experience as an outstanding individual developer applying solid development practices. Here’s what that looks like:
- 5 or more years of experience in application development
- 5 or more years of experience with Agile and XP software development practices
- 5 or more years of experience in roles that required strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- 5 or more years of experience in roles that required strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 1 or more years of demonstrated technical leadership skills
What Makes You Stand Out
Beyond just being generally awesome, other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team are listed below. In our experience, being a great developer isn’t really tied to your current technology stack, so don’t fret if these don’t line up with your exact skillset.
- 2 or more years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) services
- 2 or more years of experience with Node.js
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering related discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.