The Senior Server Engineer will support an enterprise level environment. Specific duties include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the agency’s server infrastructure.
- Coordinates all maintenance activities including testing and scheduling for maintenance weekends including ensuring that all change records have been approved prior to maintenance events.
- Assures implementation by working with staff on the goals and objectives of agency-wide programs, implements established goals and objectives, assesses measures that evaluate performance, and makes recommendations for program improvement.
- Develops mitigation strategies when vulnerabilities cannot be remediated, coordinates with IT security for review and acts on any directed changes.
- Manages various hardware infrastructure supporting all domain services, server and end point applications.
- Responsible for upgrading and managing all domain services and works with various system owner to coordinate systems upgrades, system backups as well at hardware refreshes.
- Develops and submits change requests and tracks to completion for software upgrades and patches.
- Develops technical architecture documentation that details procedures for installation, maintenance, security, configuration, and disaster recovery.
- Responds to events and incidents with possible security architecture or negative user experience impacts; takes necessary corrective actions promptly
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research on complex infrastructure and client support issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, or interpretation to identify appropriate solutions.
- Identifies and resolves unique issues where no policy exists, recommending innovative actions to address new needs and/or issues.
- Recommends enterprise upgrades, changes, or enhancements.
Required Skills/Abilities (Primary):
- 10+ years of specialized IT experience in Windows-focused administration to include Active Directory services and file / print services
- Extensive knowledge administering and managing Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 and 2019, some Linux experience preferred
- Experience with various enterprise hardware, servers, and SAN solutions to support a virtualized private cloud infrastructure
- Deploying and updating VMWare ESX environments, managing storage, networking and other resources within vCenter
- Expert working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy to manage enterprise environment; able to architect and deploy Active Directory DC design, schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures
- Direct experience with Microsoft products such as: Data Protection Manager (DPM), Azure backup System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Implement backup and data retention strategies in accordance with Office of Investigations (OI) and Office of General Counsel (OGC) guidance and policy as well as develop, plan, and execute disaster recovery exercises
- Experience with PowerShell and other scripting tools
- Perform proactive monitoring of system logs, services, daemons, scripts, and applications on server systems a d storage arrays for internal and customer-facing applications
- Secure server systems, storage arrays, forensic workstations, and network infrastructure according to OIG policy and practices
- Handle and maintain confidential, sensitive, and/or law enforcement investigative information and follow non-disclosure requirements
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and a consistent record of on-time delivery and customer service to include project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management, effective time management, documentation, and organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to express and present ideas clearly and concisely
- Able to work off-hours and weekends as needed for maintenance, upgrades, installations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Microsoft certification
- VMWare certification
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last five years
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening
Must be capable of working in an office environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
- Woman-Owned Small Business
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Affirmative Action Employer
- Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply