Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Risk Analyst to join our team at Corporate Headquarters in Salisbury, MD. This person will be responsible for maintaining, the company’s claims processes including Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Auto Liability, and Property claims. Some travel may be included.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring claim investigations, settlements and litigation in combination with Risk Management leadership. Assists with managing legal affairs arising out of casualty claim activity. Assists Risk Management with responses to insurance carriers for Directors & Officers (D&O)/EPLI (Employer Practices Liability Insurance) and miscellaneous class action claims. Monitors legal representation, tracks legal expenses and maintains current laws and regulations affective exposures; assures compliance with statutory reporting obligations. Prepares quarterly claims update reporting shared with Management.
- Organizes and recommends the cost-effective resolution of casualty claims. Coordinates accounting and financial management of casualty claims. Evaluates Third Party Administrator (TPA) performance, tracks claim costs and adjustment expenses.
- Assists with managing all property losses including required documentation of loss data and claim submission to carriers. Provides timely reporting of property losses to insurer; coordinates adjusters’ activities with Operations; provides consultation with accounting on loss elements. Works with Operations and adjusters to effect maximum recovery or allocation to aggregate deductible. Pushes for closure on all open claims; closure of claims within 3 -6 months of completion of repairs and accounting documentation (depending on severity of claims).
- Monitors banking arrangements with TPA and front companies. Analyzes and reports on loss reserves. Provides information to General Ledger for proper accounting and allocation of claims transactions. Assists with managing claims based components of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS). Maintains accurate claims history and database. Prepares and distributes high-value and product liability claim reports. Analyzes claim trends and development.
- Audits contracts with independent haulers and suppliers to ensure compliance with Company Risk Management requirements as required by contract and provides findings to leadership.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting/compliance for self-insurance and other reporting as required by jurisdiction compliance.
- Works with Insurance Broker to request Surety Bonds and maintain surety bond listing.
- Works directly with payroll to ensure compliance with annual payroll audits performed by casualty carrier.
- Assists with preparation of annual insurance submissions to broker.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field plus 3-5 years of relevant experience. 5+ years is highly preferred. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with Third Party Administrators and Company contacts. Knowledge of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS).
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.