The Digital Product & Technology team at TULA is growing, and we are looking for a Senior React Developer to help progress our roadmap. This role will be expected to establish best practices for software development and set an example for our other engineers. Our overall engineering efforts will be split between customizing our storefront, connecting various systems via APIs, and building homegrown applications to support/automate internal business operations. This role reports to the Director of Technology and sits in TULA Headquarters in Nomad, NYC. We are open to remote candidates for this position.
- Architect and develop a new, modern website for our e-commerce business.
- Deliver customer value in the form of high quality software components and services in adherence with policies on security, performance, longevity and integration testing.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, especially object-oriented design.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members of varying experience levels.
- Interested in and can quickly learn and leverage new and strategic technologies.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping.
- Understand, follow, and reinforce Scrum methodologies, coding conventions, architectures, build processes, and best practices.
- Participate in software code reviews to ensure delivery of high-quality code.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Frontend and Backend development, ability to design and create a large-scale enterprise application from the ground up.
- 3+ years of experience REST APIs and data-driven web development.
- 3+ years of experience in ReactJS, building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use, DOM manipulation, and effectively using various state management mechanisms.
- Experience in creating responsive pages, cross-platform and cross-browser support.
- Experience in creating optimized, performance-driven pages for high volume customer-facing websites.
- Proficient knowledge of secure coding practices.
- DevOps or AWS Experience preferred
About TULA Skincare
TULA is the leading probiotic skincare and wellness brand, offering innovative products powered by probiotics and superfoods that are both clean & effective. As a digitally native and social first brand, we engage our customers at every touchpoint to help them feel confident in their skin and make it easier to achieve a healthy balance, inside and out. Alongside TULA.com we retail with ULTA Beauty, Nordstrom, Dermstore, QVC, and Amazon. We raised a Series A led by L Catterton, the largest consumer-focused private equity group in the world. Our team has experience in some of the top consumer startups and beauty companies. TULA headquarters are based in New York City.