The Senior QA Analyst maintains quality standards by performing inspections of incoming material, in-process assemblies, and finished products. The Senior QA Analyst will also be the Quality presence in the purchasing specification workflow when artwork is involved (labels, cards, tubes, sleeves). Contributes to the company’s products, profitability and markets by managing the quality systems. Assists in maintaining quality management system ISO 9001:2015 certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains quality standards by performing the necessary physical testing measurements, visual inspection, and functionality testing of incoming materials (specifically those that contain artwork) using appropriate laboratory test methods.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor and operators as necessary.
- Performs visual, dimensional and functional inspection and testing of completed product according to documented policies and procedures.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into Quality database.
- Provides the Quality Approval for all purchasing specs that require artwork (cards, labels, sleeves, tubes, etc.)
- Collaborates with Purchasing Department on all purchase orders that require artwork approvals. Communicates artwork needs to Creative Department and Account Managers.
- Assumes ownership of the accuracy of purchasing spec folder on shared drive and facilitates the approval of new artwork by various departments.
- Collaborates with Purchasing Department on Supplier Quality Improvement Initiatives, in addition to tracking vendor concerns and maintaining the Vendor Score Tracker.
- Act as the SME on the labels printed in-house for production, establishing QA processes for approving, creating and storing those labels.
- Assist with creating Quality documents (COCs and/or COAs) for private label customers.
- Coordinates site-wide Calibrations and oversees Calibration Program in eMaintenance.
- Assists in the development, issuance and control of all written procedures and product documentation for the company, ensuring that they comply with the requirements of the company.
- Provides document management support by overseeing document control processes and procedures, tracking and monitoring of documents, and maintaining various databases as related to the control of documents.
- Reviews new/edited documents for content and with the author to ensure documents are clear and appropriately comprehensive for use.
- Administers and maintains systems and procedures for controlling and maintaining internal and external documents and records according to customer specifications.
- Maintains master controlled documents by assisting in the scanning of production records and hardcopy files as specified. Scanning, filing, archiving of routers, CAPA’s and other miscellaneous documents.
- Assists and participates in internal and external audits; assist in planning and scheduling of management review
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with basic Quality Inspection methods and procedures.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience with assembly & fabrication drawings preferred.
- Experience with multiple instruments used for measuring during inspection.
- Possess basic arithmetic skills and some mechanical aptitude.
- Awareness of good documentation practices and basic data entry skills. Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to function with minimum supervision. This may require research using information obtained from product manuals and quality inspection checklists.
- Flexibility regarding additional hours, when required.
- English required; Spanish helpful.
May be necessary to climb a 4-6-foot ladder, lift < 40 pounds, and stand or walk for extended periods of time.
Non-temperature-controlled warehouse, non-temperature-controlled production floor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off