Description of Duties/Essential Functions
The Illinois Department of Agriculture is accepting applications for the position of Senior Public Service Administrator Opt 5 which acts as the Bureau Chief of Animal Health and Welfare. This position reports directly to the Division Manager and is responsible for managing the Bureau of Animal Health and Welfare.
The mission of the animal health is to ensure livestock producers, veterinarians, dealers and auction market operators identify and prevent livestock diseases in order to reduce and eradicate disease and to facilitate trade; while animal welfare ensures that pet and livestock owners and bureau licensees identify, correct and prevent animal care deficient in order to ensure the humane care and control of animals.
The Senior Public Service Administrator Opt 5 subject to administrative approval, plans, directs, supervises and implements all programs with the Bureau.
Responsibilities of the Senior Public Service Administrator Opt 5 include:
- Establishes and implements policies and goals.
- Administers the Illinois Brucellosis Surveillance and Eradiation Program.
- Serves as a full line supervisor.
- Directs program budget and controls the allocation of expenditures.
- Attends professional meetings and is informed about advances in the field of veterinary medicine.
Training & Experience
- Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college, preferably with courses in agriculture, including courses in business or public administration.
- Requires prior experience equivalent to four years of progressively responsible managerial and administrative experience in agriculture or related fields.
- Requires a degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from a school of veterinary medicine and veterinary accreditation by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Work Hours & Location/Agency Contact
Anticipated Starting Salary:?????
Full MC ranges: $51,540/year – $145,536/year
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m./1 hour lunch
Illinois Department of Agriculture
Bureau of Animal Health and Welfare
John R. Block Building
801 E. Sangamon Avenue
Springfield, IL 62702
Supervisor: Dr. Mark Ernst, Division Manager and State Veterinarian
Bureau of Human Resources
How to Apply
To establish eligibility for this position, applicant must submit a CMS-100 (Download PDF reader) Employment Application (version dated 7/2019 or after) to the Agency Contact address listed above. The Agency Contact is responsible for requesting this exam to be open and all applications received will be graded at that time. For more information, please refer to the Work4Illinois website at Work.Illinois.Gov and select ‘Application Procedures’. Additional information may also be obtained from the Agency Contact listed above or by contacting CMS, Division of Examining and Counseling at [email protected] or (217) 782-7100, (217) 785-3979 (TDD/TTY), (800) 526-0844 (TTY Only). FAILURE TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE NEW CMS100 VERSION DATED 7/2019 OR AFTER WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING REJECTED.
CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES seeking a promotion:
Effective November 1, 2019, CMS Examining will no longer accept CMS-100B applications submitted directly from Applicants. Current state employees seeking a promotion must submit an official position vacancy bid form (Download PDF reader) and CMS-100B (Download PDF reader) (version dated 7/2019 or after) to the Agency Contact address listed above. Older versions of the CMS-100B will not be graded or returned to applicants. FAILURE TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE NEW CMS100-B VERSION DATED 7/2019 OR AFTER WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING REJECTED.
CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES seeking a reduction and FORMER STATE EMPLOYEES who have held certified status:
Submit an Official Position Vacancy Bid Form (Download PDF reader) and CMS-100 (Download PDF reader) Employment Application (version dated 7/2019 or after) to the Agency Contact address listed above. A separate Bid form and Application is required for each Posting/Bid ID or your bid will be rejected. FAILURE TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE NEW CMS100 VERSION DATED 7/2019 OR AFTER WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING REJECTED.