At Stream, we realize that our success begins and ends with our people. As a result, we work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. Our high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized by our firm’s values: Smart. Honest. Nice. Passionate.
Due to the growth of our business, we are seeking a Senior Property Accountant to work in our downtown Dallas headquarters office.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare monthly financial statement packages for our clients. This work includes creating and posting journal entries recorded to the general ledger, fixed asset depreciation and amortization schedules, in-depth review of general ledger and income statement, bank statement reconciliations, in-depth property manager variance comment review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Interact frequently via phone & email with the property management team and the Property Manager(s).
- Interact with Clients as needed on basic/complex issues. Include supervisor or manager on advanced issues.
- Prepare and submit Sales & Use Tax returns, as applicable.
- Manage and review the Cash/Bank Account of each Project; Ensure critical timely payment of utilities, taxes, mortgages and owner distributions.
- Review and post cash receipts, as needed.
- Review payables; process vendor invoices for payment as needed.
- Support the budgeting process and expense reconciliation process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5+ years of accounting/reporting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interact with clients and team members.
- An understanding of accounting principles and ability to apply those principles to job assignments.
- Intermediate competence in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Yardi and/or MRI software experience is a plus.
- Commercial real estate industry experience is a plus.