Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial construction? We’re seeking a Senior Project Superintendent candidate for construction projects in our Southeast Michigan region. This position provides a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to use their construction leadership expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by prompting team members to recognize challenges early and plan ahead for important project activities. In addition to a rewarding career in construction, Christman offers employees competitive pay, a generous benefits program and regular training and professional development.
As a leader for the construction project team, responsibilities will include creating a safe work environment, organizing site logistics, establishing a work pace that achieves schedule commitments, assuring construction quality, and monitoring and tracking project progress and risks. This person will be responsible for supporting and monitoring projects typically ranging from $5 – $120 million, establishing expectations for both the construction and the team. Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
Work Planning: Plan and prioritize to achieve high-quality, timely results within the context of project management. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
Relationships: Earn respect through construction knowledge and positive problem solving. Develop productive relationships with project team, contractors, design teams and clients.
Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving.
Detail Orientation: Successfully ensure accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Professionalism: Positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient with project management software. Willingness to test and implement new software technology.
- Math Skills: Numerical and analytical skills related to dimension and layout, elevations, and production rates, and ability to apply these skills to achieve project quality and adequate manpower.
Learning Orientation: Pursue related educational and training for job performance improvements and to share knowledge and debate concepts with the Christman team.
Best suited candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Ten or more years of commercial construction experience as a foreman or superintendent requiring professionalism and integrity.
- Progressive experience in skilled trades and/or a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- Successful completion of classes or other training in construction management, project management, safety, communication.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to develop familiarity with the site requirements, tools, methods, and materials of the full range of trade divisions.
- Have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals.
- Willing to relocate and/or travel is preferred.
The Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran