Turtle Beach has been an audio technology innovator for more than 35 years and created the market for advanced gaming headsets. These headsets allow video game players to experience high-quality, immersive sound and to communicate with others while playing video games. We have experienced steady growth and now are positioning to accelerate in response to strong, global consumer demand for our headsets based on their quality, advanced technology, innovative features and value. To support that growth, we are reinforcing our industry leading product development team that will continue to deliver the quality audio products to our end customers through best-in-class execution and effective cost management.
We have an immediate need on our Engineering team for an experienced Senior Project Manager located in San Diego or San Jose, CA reporting to the Director of Program Management. This role primarily manages our New Product Introduction (NPI) process but also supports the organization as needed. The successful candidate will effectively collaborate across all Turtle Beach functional groups as well as a number of JDM partners based in Asia.
Required Skill Sets and Experience
Who are you:
- Extremely detail oriented, managing and communicating every task and action required to complete a project.
- Open-minded, confident, observant, listens well and works collaboratively with others.
- A creative thinker who is able to cooperatively drive the team and vendors for on-time delivery while supporting the project and product goals.
- Hard-working and resourceful and remains solution oriented when confronting challenges.
- A superb communicator with all cross-functional teams.
- A team player who exudes positive energy and is willing to go the extra mile for the company and their peers.
- Direct demonstrable history and examples for each of the responsibilities below.
- Experienced in MSProject or other well-known project management tools. Experience with Jira or other cloud-based project management tools is a plus.
- Hands-on working relationship with ODM/JDM parties in a product development/R&D scope.
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, software and/or firmware consumer-based products in a project management role.
- Minimum two full years as a sole project manager lead for multiple projects under development simultaneously.
- Very high proficiency with Microsoft desktop applications, including Microsoft Project, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understands consumer product life cycle
- Willingness/ability for international travel (
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- Experience in color material finish (CMF), softgoods (synthetics, leather, textiles) materials and processes for consumer products.
- Experience in regulatory approvals for consumer electronics goods. (UL/TUV, RoHS, WEEE, REACH, CE, CalProp 65, etc…)
- Experience in plastic injection molding
- Excellent knowledge of consumer electronics product life cycle, tools, processes and operations planning
- Experienced with version control and change management processes, policies, and principles
- Significant knowledge and some experience with PMI’s project management body of knowledge (PMBOK)
- Development and manufacturing experience in consumer goods, especially wearables.
- Manage the project schedules of multiple projects by using existing tools and personal methods to ensure project team members achieve and have an understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks, development process and progress.
- Ensure stakeholders and project sponsors are consistently apprised of ongoing updates/changes/progress.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key cross functional team members and implement a revised schedule, scope, or budget in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain project schedules and action items for assigned projects. Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, time frames, and budget as required.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for the NPI process.
- Lead the internal and external team to prioritize project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources, and deadlines.
- Be the company expert on assigned projects: schedule (internal and JDM), specification, risks and mitigation options.
- Create or participate in the creation of project documentation and reports.