Description and Functions
Assist the Construction and Facility Maintenance Office (CFMO) and the Wyoming Military Department in providing construction scope of works and construction management for sufficient facilities, training areas, ranges, and overall infrastructure to allow for effective and efficient training of soldiers in order to meet the state and federal missions through contracted design and construction.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-8121 [email protected]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Supervises and directs the design and construction team in the development, planning, design, and construction of each project.
- Coordinates design and construction goals between the owner and design consultants
- Implements design and construction schedules; reviews and manages design and construction documentation
- Reviews final bid documentation; coordinates contracts; coordinates work and schedule of contractors; inspects workmanship; inspects construction to ensure it meets project plans and specifications; ensures quality control of construction and materials
- Approves change orders and amendments to contract; manages and controls project budget; coordinates interim and final inspections with local jurisdictions, and writes detailed reports regarding the progress of the project.
- Review blueprints, design plans, and specifications for technical merit and owner intent on all projects and for quality control, functionality, readability, sustainability, and construction flow.
- Develops statements of work for incorporation into contracts; reviews all design and construction contracts; ensures contracts meet design and construction intent; ensures appropriate and correct contracting procedures are followed during the development and approval of contracts; ensure the correct contracting mechanism is utilized; negotiates fees and costs with consultants and contractors; ensures contract fees and costs are within allocated budgets
- Develops cost estimates for future projects to include design and construction costs
Preference may be given to those with the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) construction management experience.
** Agency requires the successful applicant to obtain/maintain a valid driver’s license
** Agency required the successful applicant to obtain/maintain federal security clearance
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in project planning and resource allocation.
- Knowledge and skills in Computer-Aided Drafting
- Knowledge and skills in using geographic information systems
- Knowledge of construction cost estimating
- Knowledge and skill in oral and written communication
Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Business/Project Management)
1-2 year(s) of progressive work experience (typically in project management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a(n) Project Management Analyst
Education & Experience Substitution:
4-6 years of progressive work experience (typically in project management) with acquired knowledge at the level of a(n) Project Management Analyst
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Inclement Weather
- Construction Sites
- May be required to travel for approximately 25% of job
007-Military Department – Construction & Facility Maintenance
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.