#LifeIsSweet at SugarCRM
SugarCRM enables businesses to create extraordinary customer relationships with the most empowering, adaptable and affordable customer relationship management (CRM) solution on the market. We are the industry’s leading company focused exclusively on customer relationship management. Helping our clients build a unique customer experience through great customer relationships is our sole focus.
Recognized by leading market analysts as a CRM visionary and innovator, Sugar is deployed by more than 2 million individuals in over 120 countries and 26 languages. Companies large and small are turning from yesterday’s CRM solutions to rely on Sugar to manage customer relationships.
Where do you fit?
As the Senior Product Manager of our Cloud Platform, you will be working with an amazing team to shape our application platform strategy and execution on the SugarCRM cloud platform. Ideal candidates should have a product management track record with enterprise SaaS products and have the technical background to closely work with our engineering and cloud operations teams. This is a high impact position for a critical piece of company strategy that requires both technical skills and product judgement to deliver the maximum impact tactically and strategically. You have the ability to bridge business and technical considerations that result in innovative and compelling solutions.
As a leader on the platform team, you will actively influence the roadmap and own major areas of our customer data platform. These areas include Cloud, Identity management as well as areas related to machine learning and data insights. We want to continue to build top-notch products to fulfill our customers’ needs to provide simply the best sales, marketing, and customer service experience to their employees and customers.
Where do you fit?
- Define product roadmap and prioritize investments through collaboration with customers, partners and key stakeholders in the organization. Identify clear deliverables in the short and mid term to meet market needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our platform and the CRM competitive landscape.
- Understand the needs of current and target customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research
Be a customer advocate to internal teams
- Capture and document customer use-cases and execute on building successful solutions
- Be the subject matter expert for Sugar and evangelize the products, building awareness both internally and externally
- Lead product definition and day-to-day execution for your product area by collaborating with Engineering. User Experience, QA and Documentation
- Work with Support, Operations, and Sales teams supporting the sale and deployment of your products and features in beta and production.
- Present, advocate and evangelize the company’s solutions in customer meetings and conferences.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
Note: This is an individual contributor role.
What you need to succeed:
- 3-5+ years product management experience, ideally in a platform role working on SaaS products
- Technical experience in building enterprise platforms
- Strong experience working with infrastructural landscape technologies in support of Cloud (AWS preferred/GCP/Azure)
- Experience in building, deploying and transforming cloud services at scale.
- Knowledge of the CRM market and related technology is beneficial but not required
- Experience leveraging data to make decisions and drive growth
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Guiding teams to a precise understanding of product decisions and resulting impacts is critical. Experience guiding executives through product discussions is key.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming business needs into a successful product strategy. Proven ability to set & deliver on product vision & commitments.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities and available resources, all while articulating the rationale behind decisions
- Demonstrated strong capabilities in communication– both oral and written –and presentation skills for all levels of audience including C-level
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in product design, user experience design and engineering background a definite plus
- BS/BA required. Technical background strongly preferred.
- Respect and expect accountability
Location: Cupertino, CA or Raleigh, NC
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other benefit plans like 401(k) match
- Generous paid time off policy
- Weekly catered lunch & learns, fully stocked kitchens, and nearby access to Cupertino’s newest restaurants and stores at Main Street Cupertino
- Health/Wellness: Quarterly chair massages, Wellness Reimbursement, and Workforce Fitness Program
- Onsite Programs such as Dry Cleaning, Car Washes, Massage, Yoga, and more
- Career & Personal Development Program – multi-platform
- Regular social events and birthday celebrations (yes, sweet treats are a big deal at SugarCRM)
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM – you are making an impact now
- We are a merit-based company – many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
- Learn more on LinkedIn and Twitter @LifeAtSugar
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: SugarCRM does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any SugarCRM employee. SugarCRM will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of SugarCRM and will be processed accordingly.