To provide supervision and journeyman level skill to ensure the proper function of the all cooling plant equipment and facilities, chillers and related equipment, and miscellaneous building mechanical and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of chillers, pumps, motors, compressors, gearboxes, fans, valves, chemical feeders, filters, meters, and related equipment.
- Schedules and coordinates maintenance and repair of chillers and related equipment in-house or with offsite contractors.
- Performs complex troubleshooting on safety control devices in all chiller and chiller-related equipment on and off campus.
- Oversees, coordinates and verifies work performed by assigned employees.
- Performs or acquires services to install, repair, replace, and maintain heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems including chillers, compressors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, fans, valves, chemical injectors, filters, meters, and related equipment.
- Coordinates and performs preventive maintenance in the central cooling plant, campus and off campus chillers, and off campus CESS chiller plant.
- Responds to trouble calls in the locations mentioned above.
- Performs maintenance and small repairs on chiller plant structures and related systems, such as lighting, cooling, heating, and electrical systems.
- Maintains maintenance logs.
- Provides repair and maintenance reports and estimates.
- Performs related duties as required.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Certification in Heating, Ventilation, or Air Conditioning.
Training in multiple building trades.
Five (5) years of skilled/journeyman-level experience in the maintenance and repair of power plant equipment or closely related area.
Skilled use of the tools of the trade.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exposure to electrical, chemical, and mechanical hazards. Work may require the use of scaffolds, or ladders. Exposure to outside weather conditions.
This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
- Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.