Job Title: Senior Oracle and Ellucian Banner Application DBA
Location: San Antonio, TX- This is currently a telecommuting position and it is expected to return to onsite in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
Job Type: Contract-to-hire; contract 3-6 months to FTE conversion
Mode of interview: Phone/video
Description: A GTS Client is currently seeking a talented, self-starter for a “Ellucian Banner Application DBA” contractor in San Antonio Texas. The DBA will manage the development, utilization, and maintenance of the institutional database, including data and system security, specifically Ellucian Banner Student, SIS.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports departmental operations in a high production environment by proactively managing the performance, optimization, integrity and security of institutional database and systems (i.e. SIS).
- Designs, creates, installs and maintains highly available and secure enterprise database instances (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL) to include database architecture, database backups, creation of databases and databases objects such as tables, indexes, views, triggers and stored procedures.
- Develops and implements standards and/or processes for database maintenance, documentation and configuration.
- Maintain all enterprise applications including upgrade, patches as needed. This includes applications like Student Information System (SIS), Document Management etc.. Experience with Ellucian “Banner” Application SIS preferred.
- Advanced level (2+years) of Experience with Tomcat, certificates, and java key store administration required.
- Knowledge of automation technologies such as Ansible required.
- Experience with load testing software preferred
- Experience with SSO technologies preferred
- Develops and assists with setting up, monitoring and maintaining disasters recovery solutions for enterprise production databases.
- Working knowledge of operating systems such as Linux, UNIX and windows.
- This is currently a telecommuting position and it is expected to return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Technical training and/or experience may be substituted for a degree on a year for year basis.
- Eight or more years administering enterprise level databases in Oracle and MSSQL
- Four or more years experience with Banner SIS, application administration and upgrades including experience with Banner 8 and Banner 9 Student applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the information technology field.
- Experience in Oracle 19c, MSSQL 2012 (SSIS, SSRS) or above, MySQL/ MariaDB
- 2+ years of MS SQL administration and development preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience LINUX administration Production environment by proactively managing the performance, optimization, integrity, and security of institutional databases and systems like SIS preferred.
At GTS Technology Solutions, we believe it’s about understanding your specific need and meeting it with exactly the right solution, service or staff at the right time, every time. That’s what we’ve been doing since 1984 for hundreds of companies across nearly every vertical. Our consultative approach sets us apart; we learn your objectives, challenges and opportunities, to keep us on target and ensure that we always equip you with strategic answers for your requirements. Post-sale, our PMP®-certified project managers are part of everything we do, from dropping off a toner cartridge to installing and image asset-tagging 5,000 thin clients. Whatever the job may be: you can count on our pros. This consultative and project management process applies to our three core areas: › Services › Staffing › Solutions
GTS Technology Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Oracle database administration: 8 years (Required)
- Ellucian Banner SIS: 4 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Fully Remote
- Remote interview process