Our Civilian Team supports The US Department of State (DoS), providing, operating and assuring critical voice, IT, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of domestic/worldwide diplomatic operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Sr Network Engineer-Voice with a focus on Voice-IT/Maintenance requirements in a Team and individual work environment. We support the DoS IRM/TWD Organization in providing Network Engineer Technical support for critical State Department efforts. A Voice/Data Communications Engineer-Sr Level candidate provides voice engineering, with a focus on voice/real-time communications. This Voice Engineer provides project support as well as operations support required for Avaya PBX and Cisco data functions related to telecommunications that includes but is not limited to day-to-day O&M escalation support. Work is performed under supervision.
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
- Works closely with IPT Data/Voice Lead and IPT Project Managers to review customer requirements and develops basis of estimates (BOEs), consent to purchase (CTP) material forms, circuit order request forms (CORFs)/quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives.
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with Telecommunication
- Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies.
- Monitors the Telecommunication Network infrastructure and support state-of-the-art Monitoring and Reporting tools for proactive management to minimize outages to phone systems.
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
- Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from TWD Service Delivery/Operations Teams, coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities;
- Frequently communicates with Team Leads on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure staff are prepared to support the Department
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests and resolves within service level targets and/or scheduled timeframes.
- Monitors ticket queues are actively monitored to ensure customer tickets and service requests are promptly addressed.
- Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
- Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to management/leads and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center.
Current Interim Secret and be clearable to Top Secret (#secret)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, with a desire to be in a fast-paced large enterprise telecommunications environment.
- Accurate and prompt handling of Telecom network issues and solving of related issues
- Sound reasoning ability together with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to know when to escalate issues before they become critical.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline and/or 8+ years of IT/Voice-related experience in lieu of degree
- Candidate should have recent VoIP experience on a large network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
- Working knowledge and experience with voice communications systems (Cisco/Avaya)
- State Department experience a plus
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with many of the following Avaya platform and/or Application components:
- Aura Communication Manager
- S-Series and COTS Server, MCC/G650 and G450 gateways with ESS and LSP components)
- System Platform, Avaya Virtualization Platform
- Aura Messaging, Modular Messaging, Intuity Audix
- Aura Call Center Elite (EAS) and Advocate ACD call-flow
- Oracle/ACME Packet SBC’s
- CMS/BCMS/AES/System and Session Manager
- Avaya Communications Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Avaya Automatic Alternative Routing (AAR) in a multi-node environment.
One or more of the following certifications:
- CCNP Voice and/or Data – Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CCNA Voice – Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS)
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
- Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V