Mobius is an award winning, Small Business Administration (SBA) certified Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) company and certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) providing engineering, analytical, and programmatic expertise to the Federal Government and commercial customers. Our mission is to provide innovative advanced technology solutions to customers facing issues of national and global significance. We strive to be admired for excellent people, fair and honest partnership, innovative problem solving, and exceptional performance.
The Senior Naval Engineer position is located on-site in Washington, DC at The Navy Yard. It will be restricted to telework until COVID restrictions are lifted. The candidate will provide direct engineering support to the NAVSEA Aircraft Carrier Electrical Engineering Team, so we are looking for a person with hands-on CVN 68 class electrical plant experience.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and resolve complex Aircraft Carrier electrical plant issues, primarily associated with the CVN 68 Class ship.
- Provide liaison support between Naval Reactors (SEA 08), other NAVSEA technical codes, Type Commanders, Naval Shipyards, Supervisor of Shipbuilding Newport News, and commercial shipyards.
- Author and route correspondence for approval including Liaison Action Requests (LARs), and Departure from Specifications (DFSs).
- Coordinate and direct Technical Assessment Team (TAT) review of Ship Change Documents (SCDs).
- Review shipbuilder and engineering agent deliverables.
- Develop program status briefings and presentations.
- Chair and/or attend meetings, working groups, and conferences.
- Provide other verbal/written reports to Senior Navy Officials as required.
- DoD Secret Clearance
- A minimum of 15 years related experience is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required, although 10+ years of CVN 68 Class experience can be substituted.
- Prior operational experience with the CVN 68 Class electrical plant is preferred.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions and perform individual tasks and as part of a team.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Secret Clearance: 1 year (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings