Who We Are:
The Identity Bridging & Signals team’s mission is to enable other teams within Twitter to improve their reach and relevance by bridging together on and off platform data in a privacy compliant way. The team has created a platform that processes billions of data points to generate Twitter’s Identity Bridging Graph, which through both deterministic and probabilistic methods, identifies the same Twitter user across the web and mobile. This graph and platform is vital to both the Twitter user experience as well as hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue generating products.
We are looking for a seasoned Tech Lead/ Sr. Machine Learning Engineer that can lead the team’s entire ML efforts. This means someone who would be responsible for overhauling the existing probabilistic components of the platform to leverage state-of-the-art techniques, as well as someone who could lead the charge for new ML opportunities applying the latest research to practical ads applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Machine Learning – Apply machine learning and/or data mining techniques to the Identity Bridging and Signals domain.
- Engineering & Infrastructure – Apply your expertise in software engineering, distributed systems and data wrangling to simplify the immense complexity and humongous amounts of underlying data and come up with elegant and scalable solutions
- Privacy – Bake in user privacy requirements from project inception through completion in order to ensure Twitter faithfully respects users’ decisions.
- Collaborating – Work cross functionally with product management, internal customers, and the greater engineering team to drive projects to measurable success
- Leading & Mentoring – Play a key role in defining the team’s ML strategy and roadmap, as well as mentor the team to build and maintain high-quality output
Who You Are:
- Passionate about using machine learning to solve business problems
- Proven track record of working with machine learning and data engineering systems that are in production & scalable
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship experience
- [Bonus] Domain knowledge of identity bridging and/or ads products
- [Bonus] Passionate about building privacy compliant systems
- 5+ years industry experience as an ML Engineer (or similar) with a Bachelors, MS or PhD in CS, Math, or other quantitative discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Experience Tech Leading (or equivalent) for 1+ years
- Strong command of applied machine learning fundamentals
- Production-level machine learning experience leveraging at least one modern ML framework (e.g. TensorFlow)
- Backend development experience with a strong interest in work involving data pipelines, distributed systems, and/or large-scale data processing (ideally, in Java/Scala)
- Experience with Hadoop/MR and/or other distributed Big Data processing frameworks in the cloud or otherwise (e.g. Spark, Google DataFlow, etc)
- Experience operating and delivering on Privacy/GDPR efforts
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.